Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WIWW: Styling Colored Skinnies for Winter



Y'all, I have a confession to make.

Hello my name is Megan and I'm addicted to colored skinnies. I bought one pair of papaya-colored skinnies from J. Crew back in the spring and that one first taste of colorful brilliance created a bit of a monster.

I now have a closet full of rainbow-legs.

I wasn't ready to give up my colorful bottoms just because temperatures have dipped below 60° of late, so I've been busily figuring out ways to style them for fall and winter. I thought I'd show you a few of the outfits I wore this past week that I thought worked well. And there's a bonus outfit at the end that includes jeans, but not skinnies, and not in a bright color.

Consider it my gift to your eyeballs.


Here's a little Pin-spiration photo I found of orange skinnies with an Aran sweater.  I happen to have (and LOVE) both orange skinnies and an Aran sweater, so you can imagine how delighted I was to stumble across this combination.  I wore this outfit on Saturday, which was a day of non-stop activity, so all I got was this crummy old Instagram photo that makes the jeans look red. But trust me, they are very, very orange.

And I even had the leopard shoes from the Pinterest photo, too!



Orange skinnies - J. Crew
Sweater - Handmade by my Grandmama Clover
Leopard flats - DSW
Necklace - Old Navy

I'm so into navy right now. I liked the way the neutral worked with bright jeans in the outfit above, so the next day, I paired a navy shirt with green pants.


Green cord skinnies - Old Navy
Navy silk top - Victoria's Secret
Navy suede wedges - Payless
Bag - Audrey Brooke via DSW

     


Yesterday the remnants of Hurricane Sandy blew hard cross our plains, so I threw my hair into a quick side braid before hopping out to very quickly capture these pictures, lest I have nothing to show you but a bunch of pictures of a great big hair-ball with red legs.



Red cord skinnies - Old Navy
Sweater - Woolrich
Striped shirt - Brooks Brothers




Today I'm taking a break from colored skinnies to wear a dark-wash matchstick jean from J. Crew.



Jeans - J. Crew
Striped shirt - Old Navy
Sweater - Target (many years ago - it's actually a maternity sweater)
Neutral suede pumps - BCBGeneration 





Tomorrow I'll be back to colored skinnies again, trying out a look inspired by this Pinterest find.


Can't wait to show you my Pin-spired look next week.

I'm linking this post at What I Wore Wednesday and Dress for the Day (You Want, Not the One That's Trying to Have You).




Like the FriedOkra Facebook page. 
Subscribe. 
Get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my right sidebar.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram.  There, as anywhere, I'm simply 'FriedOkra.'


13 comments:

  1. Ooooo! This was good for me to read. I have tucked away my green skinnies for the winter, but that navy top outfit has me inspired. Good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE colored pants and you do them well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfits! You look awesome! I think I need more colours :-)
    Jess @ www.thespottedfeather.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific outfits! You rock colored pants so well :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Megan! Not sure anything "skinny" will look good on me, but they look fabulous on you. I love the melon color one's, especially mixed with dark navy....nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable. I want some colorful skinnies.... but thus far been a little nervous about getting them. I just dont think I can pull it off!! But you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are DARLING ideas. I never know how to wear navy. LOVE the navy + green combo! And no one rocks an Aran sweater like you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colored pants are totally my crack. True child of the 80's and 90's right here. Love all of these looks!

    Britt
    Secondhand Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Closet full of rainbow-legs" - love it! I'm a colored skinny jeans addict, too, and have also been brainstorming ways to wear them this season. Might have to steal some of your ideas... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?