Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Parent 'Hood Week Eight

Howdy ho, neighbors!

Time for another stroll around the 'Hood... the Parent 'Hood, that is! (Are you getting as tired of my catchy plays on the neighborhood metaphor as I am of trying to come up with new ones?) (Because, WOW, I'm running out of ideas!)

Hey, are you also sick of me asking you if you've been checking out Parent 'Hood posts by other bloggers? Well, I'm not sick of asking! Hee hee.

If you're into Halloween, I do want to wish you and your kiddos all a very safe and fun one. I hope (hint-hint) to see pictures of some cute costumes here next week! I certainly plan to show you mine! Bean and Peabody can't wait to morph into a peacock and a doctor and hit the sidewalks Wednesday afternoon. I can't blame them, because I love trick-or-treating too, but not because of the candy. (Well, except the Hot Tamales. Oh and the Junior Mints. And the Twix. Okay, maybe a little bit because of the candy.) Mostly, though, I just love hanging out with the neighbors, all of us traipsing along after our kids (who are growing up before our eyes, sigh), hot beverages in hands, stopping to take pictures and double over laughing from time to time because kids lose their minds on Halloween, don't they? And you can pretty much count on some hilarity to ensue. Halloween's just a really sweet, fun, nostalgic, cozy time in my 'hood. I hope it is in yours, again, if you're into this sort of thing.

Anyway, link up, friends, and seriously, DO go visit some other blogs. You'll thank me for making you do it.

Grab ze code!



Please read these guidelines before linking your post:

1. Today’s link-up will run from this morning through the Sunday night. A new link-up will start next Monday morning.
2. Link the unique URL of your parenting post, not the homepage of your blog or your parenting post will get buried under new content on your homepage and be hard to find when readers click through on your link later in the week.
3. We ask that you please include a text link to The Parent ‘Hood (on any of the hosting blogs) in your linked post.
4. Share your own posts and read and comment on other blogs. Any good 'hood is all about community, right? Read, comment, share and enjoy as you have time. We are promoting many of your posts weekly on our Facebook pages, as well as on Twitter using hashtag #theparenthood.







Like the FriedOkra Facebook page. Subscribe. Get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my right sidebar.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram.  There, as anywhere, I'm simply 'FriedOkra.'

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hosting, friend! So happy to have something to link up this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?