Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Oreo Eyeball Treats




I've made these Orea (Truffle) Eyeballs for the kids several years running and they're always a tasty and delightfully creepy treat. It's kinda fun to leave them in sinister places around the house to see who they can spook! Not that I'd ever do anything like that, of course. Bwahahahaha!


Ingredients:

1 18 oz. pkg. Oreo cookies
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
24 oz. vanilla almond bark
M&Ms
Red sugar
black frosting (I bought the kind in a tube.)

Directions:

Process cookies into crumbs in food processor. Add softened cream cheese and process until well-blended. Roll into balls a little bigger than a nickel.  Chill for at least an hour, in several small batches.

Melt almond bark in microwave according to package instructions. Remove one small batch of Oreo balls from the fridge and begin carefully dipping them into the almond bark. Allow excess bark to drip back into pot. Carefully plop eyeball onto wax paper and sprinkle liberally with red sugar. Press a colored M&M into the center of the eyeball. Repeat about 9,000 times until you think if you see another Oreo ball or M&M you'll BARF. (Trust me.)

Finally, add black frosting pupils to eyeballs and find fiendishly fun ways to display your grisly goodies.



I'm linking this post up at The Parent 'Hood, a weekly synchroblog featuring tips, recipes, reflections and funnies from the lives of moms and dads all over. Feel free to join in every Monday with your own kid- or parenting-related posts.






Subscribe.  
Get updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my right sidebar.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram.  
There, as anywhere, I'm simply 'FriedOkra.'


8 comments:

  1. I'm making cake pops with the girl(friend)s this week, and I've been trying to figure out how to do the iris/pupil thing (inexpensively) so we can do eyeballs. I was thinking I'd have to give up on the irises and just use chocolate chips for pupils, but this is better. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. The are super yummy, once you get past the initial squick of eating an eyeball.

      Delete
  3. These are SO MUCH fun. Alas, almond bark makes my spine crawl with disgust.

    Then again, maybe that's the whole point.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?