Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

My Answer to the Red Lip Trend: L'Oreal's Colour Riche Colour Caresse in Cherry Tulle

If you're noticing the trend toward a nice bright red, red, RED lip this fall and loving it in theory, but like me, dubious about whether or not you'd be able pull it off without looking garish, here's one to try.

This is L'Oreal's Colour Caresse by Colour Riche in Cherry Tulle. I find it goes on moist, smooth and light,  like my favorite sheer stick gloss or lip balm. The color pops nice and rich and deep without looking painted on or overdone. It's great by itself, or to give it staying power, I apply it over a thin layer of a nude lipstick topped with a light dusting of face powder.

I think red lips shine out sexy, fresh and bold.  Plus, they do immediate dental wonders, giving my teeth a little spontaneous, free whitening to highlight my smile.



This weekend just got a little more exciting, yes?  
If you decide to try it, let me know what you think.




Like the FriedOkra Facebook page. 
  Subscribe.  
Get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my right sidebar.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram.  There, as anywhere, I'm simply 'FriedOkra.'

6 comments:

  1. You are so pretty, and I love this look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how a red lip makes blue eyes pop - I noticed it with me too! Looks great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color me intrigued. I will have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite all the encouragement of the Hollywood Housewife and others, I have been SO SCARED to try a red lip. This looks amazing on you! I might be persuaded!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't found the right red, yet. Still working on it for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all my life I never felt confident wearing red but have been wearing all sorts of shades of it lately. I like the Revlon lip butters- they have some good colors to choose from. I like cherry tart!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?