Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome to the Parent 'Hood!

parenthoodSQUARE

Hey y'all!

I've taken a little semi-intentional break from writing here as we wrapped up summer with a little family mini-vacation followed immediately by the first day/week of school for Bean (She started second grade! YIKES! How did that happen, y'all?) Everything has gone swimmingly though keeping us all a bit busier than usual.

Amidst the flurry, I've been working with a few other parenting writers/bloggers to cook up an exciting new weekly synchroblog (link-up) for all of us who write regularly about parenting. Starting Monday, September 10, we'll be hosting The Parent 'Hood on several blogs (which I'll tell you all about soon, I promise.) Starting that day and on each Monday afterwards, you'll be able to link up your own posts from the previous week about parenting and kids - be they reflections, stories, tips, discoveries, anything at all that you've blogged on the topic, including photos - and share them with other moms and dads.

So now that things are (hopefully) settling back into a routine for all of us, here's an easy way to get us back into our own regular writing groove that will also introduce us to new friend and give us a place connect and share the wit, wisdom, ups and downs of the best job in the world.

Hope to see many of you linking up in two weeks!


Like the FriedOkra Facebook. 
Subscribe to FriedOkra. 
Get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my right sidebar.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram.  There, as anywhere, I'm simply 'FriedOkra.'

7 comments:

  1. Doesn't that just look like the happiest of all neighborhoods???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Totally makes me want to put on my roller skates and zoom around the block a few times, Jen.

      Delete
  2. That's a picture of the "painted ladies" in Baltimore, MD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan! This is so exciting! I will definitely be here (and linking).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful link up!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?