Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekend Style: Hello Heatwave!

Our temps are hot and going nowhere but up, up, up over the next week. Are you ready for All The Summer?

You'd think that a Carolina girl like me would be excited to see the upper 80s and 90s, like a homecoming, but y'all? After six summers up here, where the temps usually don't cross over the 88° mark more than a handful of times all season long, I have to confess, don't even know how I survived in the South all those long, hot summers.

And even more honestly, in weather over 85 degrees, my preference would mostly be to stay inside wearing nothing but a t-shirt and shorts that don't actually touch me anywhere, with the A/C cranked down to Supah-Frost until things got sane again, but that's not an option with all the motherhood I've got going on right now, so I'm thinking swingy sun dress, flip flops and shades until I can get my hot body poolside, where I will immediately strip and immerse like white lightening and stay immersed until sundown.

heatwave!


Happy Weekend and Happy Father's Day, y'all.





Like the FriedOkra Facebook page. 
Subscribe. 
Get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my right sidebar.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram.  There, as anywhere, I'm simply 'FriedOkra.'

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the dress! Hope you survive the heat.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?