Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekend Style: Dressed Up or Down

dressed down or up

I was texting with my sweet, funny friend Kelly last night (as I sat in bed with the stupid stomach bug) when she sent me a picture of her cute self in a new dress she'd picked up at LOFT yesterday. Many styles are on sale now for $39.50 and others (the dressier styles mainly) are 50% off their regular prices on-line. Thanks, Kelly! I'll be stopping by LOFT this morning (and not breathing on anyone) in hopes of grabbing a new (inexpensive) frock or two.

What I love about a simple little dress for summer is how easy it is to just pop on for daily wear with a cute flip-flop and a straw tote.  To create a layered look, toss a chambray shirt over it, knotted at the waist. For a dressier occasion (dinner out, church, brunch, a play or concert) you could pair one of these cuties with a bright shoulder bag, a sweet wedge and maybe a crisp white blazer. Dresses like the ones I've shown here are almost universally flattering, and they are just so feminine and fresh that you couldn't help but feel pretty in them.

I'm linking this post to the fun and fantastic Fashion Friday.


  Subscribe.  
Get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my right sidebar.
Find me on Twitter and Instagram.  There, as anywhere, I'm simply 'FriedOkra.'

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had the tummy bug. And I love your style. Those turquoise wedge peep toe pumps?!! They are calling to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?