Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIWW: Sassy, Flirty and Fun

Happy Wednesday. Last week's outfits have no discernible theme at all except that they made me feel sassy and flirty and fun. Especially, of course, the skirts. I'm really into the ruffled skirts right now, and I love how the style has an element of playfulness while still being totally wearable even at 40-something. Or maybe I'm kidding myself. But they FEEL wearable, and I guess that's what counts, isn't it?


Wednesday's ootd

Last Wednesday's OOTD: These papaya jeans from J. Crew are getting a real work-out this spring. I love them so much I'm considering splurging on a second pair in another color. J. Crew has come out with a similar jean style in a lighter-weight fabric that features a little zipper at each ankle. Those come in a wide array of colors and I tried some on in-store this weekend and loved them but couldn't for the life of me decide what color I liked. I'm still pondering to this day.

Papaya jeans - J. Crew
Bluebird shirt - Old Navy
Straw bag and yellow bubble watch - Charming Charlie
Necklace - LOFT, Bracelet - New York & Co.
Bright blue pumps - Katie and Kelly via DSW on-line


Thursday's ootd: Ebony and i-vo-reeeee.  White matchstick jeans J. Crew, black silk Henley VS, textured black leather belt Calvin Klein, bracelets Target, black patent loafers Nickels

Thursday's OOTD: Ebony and i-vo-reeeeee... I do, as you know, have a soft spot black and white together. (Wink.)

Black silk Henley top - Victoria's Secret
White matchstick jeans - J. Crew
Black patent belt
Black patent loafer - Nickels via DSW in-store


Fridays ootd:  So fun for a park date with my bitty boy!  Skirt, Garnett Hill.  Gingham shirt and tank, Old Navy.  Bucks, GH Bass & Co. Belt, Target.  Happy Friday, y'all!

Friday's OOTD: What could be more appropriate for a park date with my little guy than a gingham shirt? A bright, fun, colorful, comfortable outfit with a touch of whimsy. Just like my date himself!

Gingham shirt and gray tank - Old Navy
Ruffled skirt - Garnett Hill
Western-inspired leather belt and green bracelet - Target
Bucks - Bass & Co.
Necklace - Lia Sophia


All ready for date night.  I even white stripped my teeth.  Fancy!  ;)

Saturday's Date Night Outfit - We went out for drinks and dinner and then had coffee and enjoyed some music at a piano bar close to the restaurant. I felt so great in this outfit. The skirt is just SASSY, but I think the black top grounded it a bit and kept it age-appropriately understated.

Black silk Henley top - Victoria's Secret
Lace skirt - Garnett Hill.com, on major sale right now
Patent and animal print belt - Talbot's
Black heeled pumps with gromet and bow embellishment - Circa by Joan and David


That's What I Wore last week! Hey, don't forget to LIKE the FriedOkra Facebook page to find more daily outfit ideas, check all out all my fashion-and-beauty related Pinterest finds, find links to my favorite posts from other style bloggers and much more. I would LOVE to hang out with every one of you there.

And as always, you're invited subscribe to all of my FriedOkra posts here. Or get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my sidebar.


8 comments:

  1. I love the bluebird shirt! So cute.

    I want you to visit my closet and come up with new combinations for me to wear. Also: I just want you to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may actually give in and go buy some white jeans-maybe;-) Love the date night outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide which outfit I like the best! They are all so cute.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the ruffled skirts and I really like the ruffled blouses that are all the rage these days.!!! You should try some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all your outfits. You have a very cute style! I love the bird blouse. I am not a fan of birds so much, but every bird blouse I see is so darn cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you on www.thepleatedpoppy.com and thought I would come see your blog. The blue bird blouse is adorable and looks fantastic with the orange jeans. Yes, the date night outfit is sassy!!!! :) pippa
    www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want you to visit my closet and come up with new combinations for me to wear. Also: I just want you to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?