Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIWW: J. Crew Sent Me to Fiji, Only Not Really. (But They Should.)

I was flipping through J. Crew's June Style Guide a few days ago and when I turned the page to reveal this photo ...

.

... I pretty much sucked all the air out of the room and then fell out of my chair and died on the spot.

This color combination, y'all.  SHUT. UP. (Faints.)

Does it make you go all woozy, too?

Now I've seen mint done and done and done this season, and I've even done a little mint myself, but mint paired with this beautiful pastel blue? Best mint combo I've seen by far. It's like peeling Fiji up off the map and draping it around your body.

(Which, come to think of it, can I please peel Fiji off the map and drape it around my body? If you say yes, I'll let you have it when I'm done.)

(But I will never be done.)

Well the only thing I could do to revive myself was to figure out how to channel this look, post haste, from things I have in my closet. Sure, I also could have ordered the exact outfit pictured and had it overnighted to my home, but then I would have had Al's hands draped tightly around my neck when the credit card bill came in, so I opted for the Option Less Likely to Asphyxiate.

I'm addicted to oxygen, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Wednesday's ootd: To the maxi.  Skirt, Garnet Hill (thrifted, yeeha!).  Sweater, Talbot's.  Belt, J. Crew. Sandals, Roxy via DSW

How'd I do? Same color palette, yes? And same drapy, flowy style. I loved this look and got a lot of compliments on the skirt, which I found at Goodwill. Oh yes I did!

Sweater - Talbot's
Skirt - Garnet Hill, thrifted
Belt - J. Crew
Bag - Audrey Brook
Sandals - DSW

Thursday's ootd: Boyfriend roll-up shorts, GAP.  Shirt, Polo.  Belt, J. Crew. Sandals, Guess.  Bracelets, CC.

I went preppy the next day. Because after you've worn the breezy colors and textures of Fiji on your body, the logical next step is to wear gingham so crisp and shorts so white they shock you right back into reality. Yeah, I know. You know you've been to paradise when a button-front shirt and a pair of rolled-up shorts is your wake-up call.

.


Shirt - Ralph Lauren
Shorts - Boyfriend Roll-up shorts by GAP 
(I need these in another color. They fit great and are so comfy and cute on!)
Belt - J. Crew
Sandals - Guess
Bracelets - Charming Charlie

Fridays ootd: Keeping my eyelet on you!  Eyelet skirt and trench, Target.  Pink gingham shirt, H&M.  Mesh Oxford, Hinge via Nordstrom. Belt, J. Crew

More gingham. I totally only wore the trench for these pictures because it was so hot that day, but I like the layers and I'll do this again in the early fall or a day when a trench is actually appropriate. Like a day that it rains. Or the temperature drops below 97. Either seem rather unlikely at this point, but wearing Fiji was a long shot, too and look what happened there.

Trench and eyelet skirt - Target
Shirt - H&M
Mesh peep-toe Oxfords - Hinge via Nordstrom
Belt - J. Crew
Jewelry - Charming Charlie


.

.


And yet more gingham.  Did I get lost at sea and wash up naked on Gilligan's Island on the way back from Fiji? Because Mary Ann called and said she wanted her wardrobe back.

Shirt - J. Crew
Scarf - Eddie Bauer
Jeans - Matchstick by J. Crew
Patent belt - Can't remember!
Black buckle loafers - Nickels via DSW
Jewelry - Charming Charlie

.

Back to the color palette from above.  Gave up and went back to Fiji.  (Can you blame me?)

Sweater, shorts and tank - Old Navy
Flip flops - DSW
Jewelry - Charming Charlie




And that's What I Wore last week! Hey, don't forget to LIKE the FriedOkra Facebook page to find more daily outfit ideas, check out all my fashion-and-beauty related Pinterest finds, and find links to my favorite posts from other style bloggers and much more.

You KNOW you need to leave me some Comment Lovin' down there. Comments are better than money. (Unless you're trying to post bail or something.)  And if you leave me a comment, I'll know where to find you, so I can come love on you, too.


And as always, you're invited subscribe to all of my FriedOkra posts here. Or get my updates in your in-box by subscribing via email using the link on my sidebar.

21 comments:

  1. love your outfits! Side note: Everytime I see your blogposts on the Link up, I have to resist the urge to break out into the most country accent possible. Im pretty sure my family thinks Im nuts :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. And really? I don't have much of an accent. But I can put it on when I want to, and yes, my family thinks I'm nuts too. Even when I'm NOT talking like Paula Deen.

      Delete
  2. You are fabulous. I would also like Fiji draped on me, thanks. I love the gingham and white shorts. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FIJI! FIJI! FIJI!

    I have been addicted to that color combo all my life. You should see all the blue-green-aqua-azure jewelry I have.

    (You did NOT thrift that skirt. You might make me rethink my distaste for thrifting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rethink your distaste! Rethink it! :)

      Delete
  4. YOu have such a cute style! I am loving your chambray & gingham top! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfits! Normally I am not a mint fan, but you've changed my mind. I need info on your bag in the second pic-please:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second pic of me, or second pic on the post? The off-white bag or the orange one? (I iz a blockhead.)

      Delete
  6. Your Fiji look blows theirs away!!!! I love it...and everything else you wore this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all the blues and greens - they're a GREAT color on you! And the gingham - swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the name of your blog! I'm also crushing on your white shorts/ plaid shirt combo!

    http://sophistikated1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adore that color combo fo sho. I think my fav (while I adore a great Goodwill haul) is the jeans and scarf outfit. Just sooo flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ari. I loved that one too. I haven't been thrifting in such a long time... when I go this long I get this weird panicky feeling that All the Things! ... All the Good Things!... are getting away from me. Must get back into my stores soon.

      Delete
  10. Saw you on The Pleated Poppy this morning. You look wonderful in the colors in the first photo! Also love the trench top and the scarves! Can a fashionista ever have too many? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree that your Fiji look blows away the model one! Way to rock the look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! It is all fabulous!!

    I would absolutely LOVE to have you link this up on my Casual Friday link up party starting tomorrow, it would be perfect!!

    Thanks!!
    Allison
    http://twothirtyfivedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone one of those outfits is perfect. I'd shop for more clothing at Goodwill if they'd do something about the lighting in our store. I feel like I'm shopping a nursing home storage closet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your gingham top. It's the perfect thing for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The outfit with the white shorts is my favorite! I am visiting from the Pleated Poppy link up and I am a new follower. Hope you will stop by http://garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?