Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIWW: Closet Reorg = Instant Happy!

My eyes can't get enough of the vibrant colors of spring. I'm completely in love. I just reorganized my closet this week by color, so it's this cool rainbow, and now every time I walk inside, BOING! INSTANT HAPPY!

.

See what I mean?

After a closet reorg, I find I'm able to "see" my clothes better. Pieces that I've been overlooking or even wearing quite a bit get reframed in a new context and often that makes me visualize them styled in different ways than I've tried before. Bored with your clothes? It's possible all you need to do is arrange them differently to give yourself a fresh new perspective on combinations of colors and textures. And bonus: A reorg almost always comes with a few, shall we say, layoffs. And layoffs are ba-a-d in the workforce, but they're oh-so-good in the closet! With more space to spread things out, I've got a better idea of what I have, and what I need, and now there's extra room for more shopping.

In summary (or In summery, hee!): Closet reorg = Instant happy + bright new outfits + more shopping!

Wednesday's ootd: Channeling my inner Audrey?  Gingham top NEW from H&M, papaya toothpick jeans J.  Crew, patent belt with leopard embellishment Ellen Tracy, black buckle loafers Nickels.

Wednesday's ootd: Channeling my inner Audrey. (She'd probably have gone with black pants instead of orange, though. And I can state that with certainty, because as I just said, I'm totally channeling her. And she said so. She also said she adores my new rainbow closet.) Gingham top is new from H&M, papaya toothpick jeans J. Crew, patent belt with leopard embellishment Ellen Tracy, black buckle loafers Nickels.

Thursday's ootd: Oh hai Summer!  Dress - J. Crew, sandals - Hinge, new from Nordstrom, jewelry - Charming Charlie and Target, embellished leather belt - new from Target and an absolute little treasure!

Thursday's ootd: Oh hai Summer! Dress - J. Crew, very fun new kicks (a complete and happy departure for me) - by Hinge, from Nordstrom, jewelry - Charming Charlie and Target, embellished leather belt - new from Target and an absolute little treasure! You will be seeing much more of this one!

Fridays ootd: Old Navy shirts and shirt, Guess sandals, Target belt, Jewelry Target and Charming Charlie, tired eyes courtesy of last night's crazy thunderstorms.  :)

Fridays ootd: Old Navy shorts and shirt, Guess sandals, Target belt (hate to say I told you so, but ...), Jewelry Target and Charming Charlie, tired eyes courtesy of the previous night's crazy thunderstorms and my storm-terrified Bean.

.

Sunday's ootd: I was riffin' on Everyday Mom Style's "Oh So Plain" post from last week. She said I could wear jeans, a white shirt and a statement necklace and call it an outfit, and that made me happy, so I tried it, and I liked it, except I don't like the sandals I wore with my version. I think ballet flats or loafers or a flat sandal like she paired with her "plain" outfit would've been better. I bow to your wisdom, Ms. Mom Style!

.

I blinged out my arm to make up for the plainness of the outfit itself. Arm parties are all over the style world right now. They're often worn to be purposefully playful and over-the-top, but done in a mix of similar tones and styles and paired with an understated outfit, I think they can also add a certain elegance.

Tuesday's ootd: After months of layering, I feel oddly under-dressed in just a plain old skirt and top.  Both from Old Navy with Target belt and BOC sandals.  Bracelet is Target, too.

Tuesday's ootd: You know, after months of layering, I have to admit that I sometimes feel oddly under-dressed in just a plain old skirt and top. But I'm willing to make the adjustment! Both from Old Navy with my favorite new Target belt AGAIN, and BOC sandals. The red racelet is Target, too.

That's What I Wore last week! Hey, don't forget to LIKE the FriedOkra Facebook page to find more daily outfit ideas, check all out all my fashion-and-beauty related Pinterest finds, find links to my favorite posts from other style bloggers and much more. I would LOVE to hang out with every one of you there.



Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

8 comments:

  1. I need arm parties in my life!

    Love your first outfit. The pants terrify me, but I love the way it looks together.

    I'm going to work my way into pants with color. It might just be my summer goal. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pants don't photograph exactly right. They're actually not that radioactive looking, I swear... more of a melon-ish color. really. Instagram has seriousl fun with oranges for some reason.

      Delete
  2. Such great outfits! I don't think I can pic my favorite one but that blue dress is just so cute! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are super cute and so stylish! We've had some great weather here in NC. I'm loving it! I've been addicted to bright colors lately as well. I just feel better when I have something bright and fun on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each of these looks- I know what you mean about after layering all winter wearing a plain shirt and pants/ skirt seem like something is missing. But, I'll embrace the warm weather and add accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable. Come visit me and take me shopping?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?