Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

WIWW: In the PINK

I only have one outfit to show you this week.  I did get dressed in actual outfits every day, except that one day when I was sick and stayed in my jammies for 36 hours straight.

The trouble some weeks is not so much coming up with what to wear, it's coming up with the time and lighting to take decent pictures.   True story!

I like this shade of pink with my coloring.  I've worn it all my life, and I'm still wearing it. I've read several articles that say pink, or bright pink, or sometimes even all bright, saturated colors become less flattering or "too young" on women as we age, and that most of us will need to start wearing pastel versions of colors as we get into our forties and fifties.

BALDERDASH!

I predict there's gonna be another broken fashion rule in my future.

My take?

A woman, regardless of her age, should wear things that make her feel pretty and vibrant. She should, rather than selecting her wardrobe around covering up the "problems" aging brings about, choose styles and colors that compliment and flatter the features she loves best about herself.

And I choose to wear this shade of pink because it plays up the blue in my eyes and softens and illuminates my skin so that it seems to glow.  So there!

In the PINK, and Proud of It

IMG_0657


Oh WOW. Do you not just want to reach into this picture and jerk my sweater down in the front? I SURE DO!

Sweater - Ann Taylor, from way back before Ann Taylor spawned LOFT.
Floral shirt - J. Crew Perfect Shirt, thrifted
Braided belt - Thrifted
Skinny jeans - Land's End
Boots - Audrey Brook
Necklaces - Gold with pearl pendant: Charming Charlie, string of pearls:  gifted

IMG_0672


IMG_0691


Hair - A sock bun. Easiest style ever! Have you tried it yet?

I will be linking this post to What I Wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy.





Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

4 comments:

  1. Balderdash is right! I love vibrant colors - especially cobalt blue for me. I think that shade of pink is awesome on you! You got me thinking all about layering. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink sweater! Sock buns are AWESOME.
    You look so lovely in the bottom picture!
    My husband took me to Chicago in the summer of 2010, I loved it!
    We are talking about bringing the kids down for a visit...
    Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is SO cute. i love the bright, fun print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit! Pink is one of my favorite colors to wear too.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?