Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIWW: Mad for Plaid, Thrifty Finds and Shoe Martyrdom

It's Wednesday again, and that means it's time to share some of my outfits from the past week. This week I was all about plaid, and brighter colors popping amid wintery neutrals.

And some ridiculously impractical but seriously fierce shoes.

I love ridiculously impractical but seriously fierce shoes. When I go shoe-shopping, which I do way too often, I always go immediately to the Ridiculously Impractical but Seriously Fierce section, and I rarely make it past that section before I've spent or exceeded my entire shoe allowance for the day/week/month/year.

Which is why I end up wearing my slippers every where I go.

(I don't, really. I probably should, but I ascribe to the theory that comfort is secondary to beauty when it comes to footwear.)

(I'm a shoe martyr.) (My feet love me for that, don't you, feet?)

Make Your Own Sunshine

IMG_0010

Sweater - Talbot's (years ago)
Shirt - Old Navy (on sale now)
Cords, bracelet - White House Black Market
Braided belt - thrifted
Lace up heeled oxfords - TJ Maxx
Necklace - A kinda-sorta DIY. This is the White House Black Market necklace shown in the last outfit
here, with two strands of pearls woven around and fastened in the back.

IMG_0004

IMG_9961

Racy Red with the Kids on a Sled

IMG_0027

Sweater - Woolrich, one of my recent thrift-store finds
Shirt - Old Navy (on sale now!)
Scarf, orange bracelet - Target
Leggings - Champion
Boots - Sorel
Aran scarf (pictured below) - Handmade by my Mom when I was about 8.
Seriously!
Keep your handmade stuff, people!

IMG_0019

IMG_0033

Black Silk Why?

IMG_0064

Sweater - LOFT
Silk henley top - Victoria's Secret
(Loving this one right now, and it's still available in several colors, which I may have to buy. Why I wore it when I'd be dealing with two little children with the dirtiest hands in the world all day I do not know.)
Jeans - Land's End
Shoes (Ditto the above comment about the black silk top. WHY?) - Audrey Brooke
Necklace - Target
Bangles - Old Navy


IMG_0079

IMG_0106

Thrifted Blossoms

IMG_0113

Sweater - Target
Shirt - J. Crew, thrifted
Jeans - Common Jeans (Love everything about these JCP jeans except that they have a permanent wrinkle around the bottom of each leg.)
Necklaces, bracelets - Diamond heart pendant, gifted from Al. Pearl and gold necklace, bracelets and ring, Charming Charlie
Spectacular orange shoes - Audrey Brooke (In truth when I actually left the house I put on my Uggs because as I mentioned, it was snowing horizontally yesterday! Keepin' it real, folks.)

IMG_0128 IMG_0130

IMG_0124

These shoes are CRAZY, aren't they? I wore them New Year's Eve with an all winter-white outfit. I wanted a pop of color with this outfit. Not very practical for a Tuesday, but I do love 'em.

As always, I'm linking this post up with What I Wore Wednesday and Real Momma, Real Style.


Subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

14 comments:

  1. You, my dear, are GORGEOUS!! And you look amazing in every outfit. I love those red shoes. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are gorgeous and i love every put fit and wish i knew how to dress myself.


    ( i need to be nominated for what not to wear, sad)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have (and overwear) that yellow plaid shirt from Old Navy. Would never have thought to put it under a jacket. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried on plaid shirts and put them back on the racks. I feel silly in them. You make them look fabulous. I LOVE my Common Genes so much. I need a new pair though,mine are nearing threadbare status after four years of heavy wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In that last outfit, you look like Tami Taylor from Friday Night Lights. Gorgeous, in other words. :-) And I love the sledding outfit - you look cozy and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you from WWIW, Wow! You have great style, cute outfits and love the accessories! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your plaid shirts, and I'm a teensy bit drooling over your Sorel boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute are you!?! I love all of your "ridiculously impractical but seriously fierce shoes".

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute...I love them all!! I love the pops of color. Yellow shirt...I want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute! I love all things thrifted. Affordable and adorable. I'm in a plaid faze myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is supre cute. You have a GREAT sense of style but I LOVE the yellow plaid shirt!!!

    New follower from The Pleated Poppy
    www.simply-lovely-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your ridiculously impractical but seriously fierce shoes. I think the cozy red shirt with grey sweater is my favorite outfit - even with the practical yet still fierce shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I have to go with comfort on the shoes! Love the thrifted sweater and that print blouse. Love the style of your last outfit! I'm a huge thrift shopper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you, you glamorous Mama!

    I'm loving that thrifted J. Crew blouse with the stripes and that fun yellow plaid shirt especially!

    I would absolutely love it if you would link this up at Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL!

    http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/01/feature-friday-free-for-all-3-50.html

    So looking forward to seeing you there!

    P.S. I'm a new subscriber. : )
    ~Abbie

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?