Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

What I Wore Friday: Hand Knit Sweater (Love in Yarn)

I have one delightful hand knit sweater -- one my very talented Grandmama Clover twirled off her needles for me back when I was 11 or 12. She built this natural wool cable classic so that it was very sturdy and amply roomy for me then, neither of which I understood or liked at the time, but OHMYGRANNY how thankful I am now for her foresight and insistence on those particular qualities in this sweater.

Because it means I still have this absolutely glorious treasure-in-wool, and am able to wear it very comfortably at 44, e'em though I'm quite actually twice the size I was then.

Wonders that never cease.

handknitsweater1

So. It did, in fact, hit.

outfitsforsnow

And today I am wearing that same gorgeous cozy sweater. If you listen carefully, you'll hear that my Facebook is dinging away furiously with the fervert requests of my snow-deprived friends who crave pictures of our recent dumping-on of the white stuff. So I thought it would be fun to go outside and snap a quick few shots (a very few, because brrrr) to show y'all what I love to wear when Old Man winter comes to the prairie.

Taking these also gave me an opportunity to experiment with the brand new cordless remote I just got Wednesday for my Canon camera. Can you see it in my hand? It's soooo teeny and cute and plus, it works GREAT.

I wore this outfit under my enormous Land's End down jacket and snow pants to shovel the driveway this morning.

And later I wore it while cleaning all the poo off of Peabody after he went on a spelunking expedition in his poopy pull-up.

A sweater this fabulous deserves all the glamour I can muster up for it.

cutesnowboots

Also pictured are the adorable and toasty warm snow boots that Sorel sent me a few years ago to review, which I did here. (They still totally rock.)

Have a wonderful, winterful weekend, no matter what your weather, y'all!

Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

4 comments:

  1. I love the sweater - and even more because your granny made it! The boots are cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love....and you look darling romping in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sweater! It's wonderful that grandma had the foresight that she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For whatever reason, I have no idea, really, whenever I read or say "spelunking", I say it (in my head, too) "speeeeeeeelunking." :)

    Thankfully, we haven't had any speeeelunking adventures, yet. I suspect, though, that Sprout will be my speeeeeelunker. And if not her, then the boy will test me there. :)

    I hope you have a great, and cozy, weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?