Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday: Warmer Autumn Days Edition

I seriously had to work the summer-into-fall angle pretty hard this week because WOW has it been hot here! Up in the 80s a few days and never any lower during the day than about 76! That's fairly unusual for Chicago this time of year.

So I tried pairing some typically summery things with light cotton sweaters, heavier leather belts and less summery shoes, except the one day I wore sandals. All in all I liked these looks and felt comfortable in them, and I loved that I mostly used clothes I've had for awhile, just put together differently. I guess that's a neat thing about transitional weather - you really get to pick from several sections of the closet, in combinations that wouldn't work at any other time.



Wednesday - Errands/Mom Stuff

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Turquoise braided t-back sundress - Maurice's
Floral shirt - Old Navy (on sale last week in-store)
Belt - DSW
Heart pendant on leather strap/gold bangles - Old Navy
Sandals - Naturalizer, forever ago (DSW)
Green wooden beaded bracelet, Movado ESQ watch
Purse - Rosetti - (DSW)

----------------


Thursday - Cleaning (not in this outfit!) and more errands

IMG_8236

IMG_8225

IMG_8237

Grey silk ruffle top - T. J. Maxx
Yellow cardi - Old Navy
Jeans - Lucky Brand
Shoes - Brown pumps with silver-tone buckeye embellishment - Unisa (DSW)
Wooden beaded necklace and leopard print scarf around waist of top - DIY projects (ME!)
Silver chain necklace - Ann Taylor Loft
Purse - Payless

-------------

Friday - Picnic, Apple Picking

IMG_8349

IMG_8276

IMG_8285

Black polka dot silk top - Isaac Mizrahi for Target
Capri jeans - Velvet Heart (T. J. Maxx)
Gray Sneaks - Converse (DSW)
Pink scarf, finger-crocheted into a necklace (having to get creative with neck-wear as I'm allergic to EVERYTHING and it gets worse as I get older. This is also why I don't wear eye-shadow anymore... sad face!) - gift from my sister, years ago
Pink straw purse - Payless

--------------

Saturday - Out to lunch and errands with Al and the kids, playing outside

IMG_8450

IMG_8477

IMG_8480

Gray ruffled t-shirt - Talbot's
Black chunky knit sweater with stitch embellishments (cotton) - LOFT
Denim shorts - Merona (Target)
Silver flats - Chinese Laundry (DSW)
Black leather belt - Calvin Klein (T. J. Maxx)
Black onyx-look bracelet and black bangles - Old Navy
Black onyx-look necklace - New York and Co.

-------------

Sunday - Baking apple slices (recipe tomorrow? Or Friday?), neighborhood BBQ

IMG_8516

IMG_8546

IMG_8558

White peasant top with embroidery - thrifted
Gray cami underneath - Old Navy
Jeans - Lucky Brand
Black leather belt - Calvin Klein (T. J. Maxx)
Black patent loafers - Nickels (DSW)
Bangles, black bracelet - Old Navy
Pearl/silver-toned bracelet - Payless
Purse - Brook Brothers
Scarf - Ann Taylor

----------

Monday - Playing in the park and picking out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch (more pics later)

IMG_8674

IMG_8575

IMG_8632

Black/white cotton twill sun dress - Maurice's
Coral/orange tee with gold embellishments - ? - T. J. Maxx
Green scarf - Target
Black sling-back espadrilles - Naturalizer - Famous Footwear
Jade necklace - gift from Al
Gold bangles - Old Navy

-------------

Tuesday - Breakfast date with Al
(He takes a morning off the second Tuesday of each month while Peabody is in school so we get a few hours of time together during the daytime. You know, when I'm actually AWAKE.)

IMG_8778

IMG_8784

IMG_8801

Turquoise jersey v-neck dress with yellow/rhinestone embellishment (not shown) - Victoria's Secret
Argyle short-sleeved cardi - New York and Co.
Dirty bucks - Bass (On sale in the boy's department at Macy's, years and years ago)
Diamond cross necklace - gift from Al
Silver-tone chain necklace - LOFT
Silver-tone, rhinestone headband - Goody (WalMart)
Purse - Brooks Brothers



So, which were your favorites?

I'll be linking this post to What I Wore Wednesday which is hosted by The Pleated Poppy. Thanks for all of the great comments on last week's WIWW post. This is actually fun and a good challenge for me, and I loved hearing that some of you found it interesting and helpful in your own quests to create great new looks from your own closets! xo








Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

13 comments:

  1. Cute! You could wear your Converse with the last two outfits too and it would be way cute. My favorite was the one with the scarf turned into a necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite was Thursday and Sunday. I think you missed your calling - you could be a model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan. You are DARLING to the max. Seriously! I love every single one of these outfits. They are so well put together and you can rock some accessories like no one else.

    So glad you did it again this week! I am drooling over the argyle sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute, and I love your hair! Also, I feel just a little bit bad for sitting here in sweatpants and an oversized T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfits!!! Love your accessories - especially the ones you made! I'm inspired!! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black sweater with the jean shorts that is such a cute look, fall yet still summer =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I really like the outfit with the white peasant blouse (great find). Oh, and the accessory bag of apples certainly makes Friday's outfit stand out! :) Looks like you had lots of fun modeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper cute outfits! Especially love the peasant top and the long necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all! Are you glad you did it a second week too?!

    I am coveting your orange purse!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the necklace idea!! i'm having a huge giveaway over at my blog ($100 with) and i'd love you to join! http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! Tuesday and Thursday are my FAVORITES! I love the wooden beads with the yellow sweater, and the blue dress with sweater checks! Would never have thought of pairing the Bass shoes with the dress but I LOVE IT. Love the Converse too! This is awesome! I'm learning, not just how to pull from my closet, but how to window shop and plan! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your outfits!! You are just so pretty and stylish! I need to work on some style! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. girlfriends....can I marry you? you are so darn cute, and you ALMOST make me want to try to look cute each day....ALMOST. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?