Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Together, We are a PINK Ocean

"Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Tomorrow starts my second journey with friends and my sister, Jackie, in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day here in Chicago.

Naw, I'm not the least bit excited, y'all. (Wink.)

This year's 26 member Team Cure or Bust sports three mom/daughter pairs, a mom and TWO daughters pair, two sister pairs and about bazillion best friendships. We're also blessed to be walking with three amazing cancer survivors and one mom (my sister) who is currently battling cancer with her 8 year old son (my nephew Owen). As of today, the team has raised $65,500 in 2011 to fight breast cancer. We are so grateful to those who have contributed. I am so touched by the many of you who have given so generously this year. Thank you!

If you're the praying kind, we'd all gratefully accept prayers for a happy, healthy, cool-ish, memorable walk and a sweet, bond-building time together. If you're a long-term pray-er, will you please pray that every dollar we've raised will be funneled with razor-edged precision and immediacy to the exact places it needs to go to help researchers find a cure for cancer? And keep on praying for cancer's victims and survivors. There are entirely too many lives impacted by this disease, y'all.

And as always, will you please keep praying for our Owen and for my mom?





Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

3 comments:

  1. I'll pray and pray and pray. Looking forward to updates! :)
    Have fun, be safe, and laugh as much as you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying - and looking forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a brave soul, Ms. Okra. I don't think I could do what you're doing, but I'm so proud of you and your determination to do what you can to fight cancer. Be safe and enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?