Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Like the Energizer Bunny, But with a Bad Case of Vertigo

If it's possible to be completely obsessed with a topic but also totally scattered and disjointed in one's treatment of it, I have officially perfected that artistic combination, y'all. I'm STILL writing about Beth Moore, and I'm STILL not gettin' said exactly what I want to say, but Sumpm just keeps pushing and pulling me to keep tryin', so I'm TRYIN'!

As I've struggled lately with my sense of value and worthiness and significance, it's come fully and forcefully to my attention that the time has well and truly come to face these issues in myself head on. What once were a flock of annoying crows that'd swoop down and land on my tiny acre to peck away at my self-esteem at random intervals now present a threat much more sinister ... read the rest at 5 Minutes for Parenting.




Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving my Beth Moore study on Esther too. I can tell that I'm going to have to do the Insecurity one as well. I've been reading lots of people who are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, your post was great. I haven't gotten to that quote yet about parenting. (gulp) (big, big gulp) That just undoes me. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you lay it all out there! I have to say, I don't know 1 single woman who doesn't suffer with insecurity and lack of self worth, myself included. I am so glad to see that you are reaching out there, exposing the problem, and helping people find a place to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t usually reply to posts but I will in this case. I’ve been experiencing this very same problem with a new WordPress installation of mine. I’ve spent weeks calibrating and getting it ready when all of a sudden… I cannot delete any content. It’s a workaround that, although isn’t perfect, does the trick so thanks! I really hope this problem gets solved properly asap.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?