Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Habby Dew Year, Evvabuddy.

We all woke up snuffling and dripping and drooping this morning. The first moments of 2010, I suppose, will find us all fully-medicated and snug in our beds, prolly just a'snorin' away, thanks to all the ick in our noses.

BUT! Even as we saw logs and cough and sputter, we'll be counting the beautiful, blessed moments of 2009 and holding close in spirit the friends and family, including y'all, who've made it special - made it come alive with love and wonder - and looking forward to a bright and happy New Year brimming with more of the same.

Y'all have a fun, safe, memorable celebration!


And of course you know I can't pass up a chance to share some dependably awesome JT with you.

Enjoy!

So here's a hand, my trusted friend
And give me a hand of thine.
We'll take a cup of kindness yet,
For auld land syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
The seas between us have roared and swelled,
Since auld lang syne...


Happy New Year to all of our cherished family and friends, old and new, near and far.

We're gratefully blessed to share this life with you.



Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

7 comments:

  1. He does that song well! Happy New Year to all the Okras - young and (not so) old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you sweet Megan, and your lovely little family! I hope you get over your colds really fast and cosy down together on New Year's Day. I'm so glad you've been part of my 2009! It wouldn't have been the same without you! Love you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a little James Taylor to make me feel nostalgic. He's one of my favorites.
    Thanks to you and yours for making my 2009 much sweeter by sharing yourselves with me. Loved getting to know the folks at the Okra Manor a little bit better this year!
    Happy New Year Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear...me too. I have a sore throat, but heck....all it good. Life is good.

    come on by to see my year in review, Megan. :)

    Happy Dew Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is going around like crazy, I am on round two of the same cold from before Christmas. Killing me slowly.

    I hope you guys feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh-huh. Sadta gave Bookie and be the sabe thig for Christbas. Ruddy doses, ruddy eyes, raspy breathig, lots of coughig. Fabulous.
    Happy Dew Year to all y'all! Add I hope your sdiffers get to workig agaid sood! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to all of you - wishing you the best in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?