Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Sunshine, come on back another day, I promise you I'll be singing ...

I got the sweetest email yesterday from Cheryl, a reader and friend, checking in on me. Got two other genuinely lovely (and funny!) little epistles last week and just Wednesday the sweet girls at Blogher Ads sent me a you-haven't-updated-in-two-weeks form letter that was worded so kindly and understandingly and thoughtfully that I actually WELLED UP a little when I read it.

It's been two weeks and a few days and I miss y'all. There's been a heck, AND I MEAN A HEY-UCK!, of a lot going on around here and I'm talking about BESIDES Peabody's NINE DAY tribulation, man-flu, wrastle-in-the-apparent-hideous-death-grip-of-roseola (I have never seen someone so little command such mastery of the art of MILKING THIS THING FOR ALL IT'S WORTH, people!) and our subsequent trip down to the Carolina coast for a family vacation, visit with my folks and the annual celebrations of Bean's nativity.

But I did not come to give you excuses. I came to tell you that despite all that and thanks to the grace of God we are all home safe and sound, still alive and kickin', just dealing with more STUFF, which I have come to discover is a condition that keeps me from wanting to blog. If I came and wrote in the thick of all the STUFF I'd just be moanin' and groanin' and whining and complaining and beeyotchin' and I'ma tell y'all right now? The internet? Just duddn any need more of that.

Sunshiney-ness is sorta my charter here on The Okra, and I've been less than sunshiney lately, hence the quietude.

I will be back this weekend with PITCHERS of some of the really GOOD STUFF we've been up to lately, until then, happy Friday and if you're into it, Happy Halloween, too!



Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

15 comments:

  1. Mookie and I have been praying for y'all, and we'll be glad to have your sunshineyness warm us up whenever you're ready to share you with us. :o)
    Happy weekend to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me feel sunshiny just to see your blog pop up in my Google Reader! Sorry for all the muck you've been dealing with. Hope you have fun this weekend and I'll be looking forward to seeing the shots of those adorable kids of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you just this morning, wondering if everything was okay. I hope your STUFF settles down & your family has a chance to enjoy the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you - hope all are feeling better by now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're back--woo hoo!

    Nate's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad everything's alright, and I hope your sunshine returns soon!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been checkin' ... good to know all is well with you and the family .... I was starting to wonder about your absence. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know you are just so dang special...that we all miss you like crazy, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know that you are all still alive and kickin! You know we've all been waiting for your returne!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Halloween! I'm looking forward to your sunshiney-ness! And photos of the kids in their costumes, of course. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missed you lots Okra Mama! So sorry Peanut has been so out of it with that roseola hideousness. Poor little guy! When things get back to normal and you have some sunshine to share, we,ll be here patiently awaiting your return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry Peabody wrestled with the Roseola for so long. But, so glad all is well and y'all are doing fine and just caught up in life. I can't wait to see pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. See...Boys are very illness Drama Kings. Just the way they are made. lol

    So glad that he is one the mend, and that you all survived it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It makes me smile to know there is more to come . . . XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed ya, too! You've been on my mind and my heart, shug.

    Your quietude is understood. I don't like to moan and groan on my blog either...it happens sometimes, though.

    But please know this, Ms. Okra~

    WE UNDERSTAND! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?