Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Y'all Are the Wind Beneath My Wings

I just wanted to say Thank y'all for all of the AWESOME advice and support and encouragement yesterday!

We made it! I checked in periodically for your comments and they kept arriving like refreshing little drops of positivity all day long. Perfect!

Peabody allowed himself to be coerced into taking not one but TWO naps during the day (Divine intervention, I'm telling you. DIVINE INTERVENTION!) and as such was good as gold when he was awake - not crabby at all. Bean remained her happy, jubiliant self and SHE took a nice nap mid-day as well, so I had plenty of down time to re-charge my own battery and be ready for that afternoon/evening crunch-time.

I was able to remain calm! And pleasant! I may have even laughed and smiled a bit! And we were even able to get ourselves dressed and go outside to play in the gorgeous weather. I even made dinner, albeit a simple one, and had it ready for Al when he got home.

It was, overall, actually, a pretty darn good day, and a fun one, and it went by quickly.

So thank you. I am guessing at least one if not two or more of you prayed for us, and I really appreciate it!

Peabody went to bed on time last night and slept until 6:15 AM, which is when we like him to get up, so that we all get to have some snuggle time before Al gets up to get ready for work.

And now? Get this! The boy's asleep and has been for almost TWO HOURS! That's unheard of around here, people. Bean is beside me playing on the PBSKids.org website, and I've been a meal-plannin', bill-payin', phone-call returnin' MACHINE. For TWO HOURS! I now know what we're having for dinner on January 24, 2010 and our cable bill is paid into the 2020s!

Can I do anything for you? I've got time!

Okay I'm going now. Y'all have a great Labor Day weekend! Thanks again for your help yesterday, you're the BEST!


Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

11 comments:

  1. Honey, you're just giddy, aren't you?! I get that way when my 5 m.o. takes a nice long nap in the middle of the day...when I'm stil lucid and can, you know, DO stuff.

    My oldest (6 y.o.) was a lot like Peabody when it came to sleep. I thought I was gonna loose what was left of my sanity! But we found our rhythm, eventually, and we were both happier for it.

    Oh, I hear mine waking up from his nap right now...that's my cue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days--both the hard ones and the surprisingly long nap days.

    so glad God showed you so obviously that He cares about your heart. Glad it was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooooooooooooooooo very glad to hear things are good. :) I'm impressed....I don't even know what I'm having for dinner tonight. LOL always a battle around here.

    have a GREAT weekend, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Don't you know God always seems to know when we have more than we can handle? And then He just gives us a break :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a Diamond Day. It's a term I've stolen from the (now ancient) Christian group Out of the Grey. Here are a few lyrics.

    Some days are cold and hard, a stone around your neck
    Others steal the life from you and leave you feeling flat
    Just when you think you've taken your last breath
    Your Father blows a kiss at you and lifts you up again

    And these diamond days arrive just in time
    An oasis in the desert to refresh the mind
    Oh, these diamond days, they shine like the stars
    So perfectly placed when the journey is hard


    Here's praying God blows a few more kisses of refreshment at you, my friend. I totally know why you'd be giddy to get even one day where the baby naps.

    I'm so glad to be on this mothering journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! I'm glad you caught a break. :o) A wise mom with older kids told me, "These are long days, but short years." Sniff, sniff.

    So true -- my baby will turn 3 in Dec., and I have sons ages 7 and 9. I know what she meant now . . . But we still have some sleepless nights ahead of us, since we're bringing home baby #4 sometime in the next 18 months (through adoption).

    You have lots of company in the trenches!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are energized and full of pep. I can hear it in your voice! Great to hear you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you made it through your day! I only have one LO so far, but my 2nd is coming in December, and my oldest, while a good sleeper at night, naps for only an hour or less during the day - so I'm sure in a few months, I'll be able to sympathize with you even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you made it through your day! I only have one LO so far, but my 2nd is coming in December, and my oldest, while a good sleeper at night, naps for only an hour or less during the day - so I'm sure in a few months, I'll be able to sympathize with you even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late commenting but I'm really glad you were having a better day. I think of you guys often and hope you are having fun. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad that they day was better for you!! The stress of having so much going on, and no downtime is hard. I will keep thinking happy thoughts and sending your prayers. Many hugs my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?