Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Desperado.

Last Sunday we hosted a little Labor Day soiree at FriedOkra Manor.

Since we are the PROUD! AND RIDICULOUSLY SMITTEN! AND COMPLETELY ADDICTED! new owners of an iMac, our party preparations included AN INSANE AMOUNT! A STUPIFYING QUANTITY! FREAKISH DURATIONS! of time using its extensive collection of nifty tools for locating, shuffling and sorting EVERY PIECE OF MUSIC EVER MADE, ANYWHERE to build THE PERFECT PLAY LIST for the festivities.

Long about hour 62 of playlist mixology, I'd reluctantly embarked on a brief trip to the kitchen to do something culinary, leaving Al in the office clickity-click-clicking through the Eagles extensive discography. While I was away, he cued up a tune for my approval, and I immediately dropped my 5lb. pork butt with an unceremonious thud and started lip synching into my air mike whisk.

(I'm not allowed to sing out loud anymore because as those who know me will readily attest, my singing voice has been known to shatter all three separate ear bones of any mammal - and that includes all three subclasses - within a 2 mile radius.)

"Oh, yes!" I crooned loudly and approvingly over my shoulder toward the office. "I just lo-o-o-ve this song. Gives me goosebumps all over. Makes me a little weak in the knees."

And as I listened, the music got progressively louder until finally I heard male footsteps behind me and turned around.

Photobucket

Ahem. Y'all think he might be needin' a little of my attention?



Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

10 comments:

  1. Cool! It's Wireless Speakerhead man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welp, at least he isn't too proud to ask you when he wants to spend time with you... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has the best sense of humor! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that AL! I do love him so. In a COMPLETELY platonic way, you know. What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of my husband so much. Just the opportunity for him to make me laugh and he jumps at it. Such a cute moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a speaker headed man...

    Love that Al!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed that he let you take a picture of him. I would have gotten the "you're not going to use this on your blog, are you?" whine...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always makes my heart smile when I read about you and Al's hilarious antics! Y'all keep having fun and laughing together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Makes me think of Max Headroom from the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a good relationship is based on laughter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?