Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

And Then I Quickly Emailed the Neighbors and Asked If I Could Keep 'Im.

My neighbor's son is here havin' supper with us, spur of the moment. Rightthisveryminute.

I had to share, though, immediately. It's that good.

They sat down to their chicken nuggets and sliced berries and milk.

Silence fell across the table as they took in the repast before them.

And then:


"Ms. Megan," Bubba asked, "You guys have any okwa?"

"Son," I replied reverently, "You have come to the right place."





Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

17 comments:

  1. Is he a Southerner? Did you have any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! He must have southern roots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's as far from bein' Southern as they come! And I did have some okwa. It was fwozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did his mom or dad put him up to that or did he come up with it all on his own???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing! I don't think they did, though. I think he really did want some okwa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kid loves his pickled okra! All came from his Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a hoot. Did he eat any??? How sweet can that be anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I'm sure you immediately got out your owka and fwied him up some, right! It is too cute what comes out of kids' mouths!!

    Pwecious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joys like that make time stop for just a little bit, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is stinkin' hilarious! You gotta keep that kid around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, very nice!

    I made okra last week when my father-in-law was visiting. Although we've always had a good relationship, I think he appreciates me even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't mind some okwa, myself, right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just too good! When i was a kid one of my fave things was pickled okra! Cant find it anywhere now except when i go down south! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is your long lost soul mate! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?