Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jiggity Jog

Just a little quickie to tell y'all thanks for the sweet messages of sympathy and condolences. They meant so much to both of us.

We're home again, after a whirl-wind trip down South for Grandma Carrie's funeral, which OHMYGRANNY, I hope to tell y'all all about very soon (I was debating it in my own mind, but Al says I MUST!), after addressing a few more pressing items on my agenda, not the least of which is a trip to the grocery store.

Because we do not have any butter in this house.

Not even a single little pat.

A situation which renders me quite useless in all of my respective roles as a woman.

Knowing that I have plenty of butter on hand for any butter-related activity I may be pressed to pursue, like, say, lying on the sofa reflecting contentendly upon my readily-available ample supply of butter? Well, that's just fundamental to my sense of well-being. Without the firm knowledge that there's a at least couple pounds of butter in the fridge, I'm reduced to an addled, mumbling, hand-wringing mess, just standing forlornly in the kitchen with my eyebrows macrame'ed into one of those monkey-hand bracelets you used to craft-up at summer camp.

Thus the butterlessness must be rectified before I can move on about my life in a confident and, well, lucid fashion.

You can't say I don't have my priorities straight, people.

I'll be back.




Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

14 comments:

  1. Oh how i love butter! Everything is better with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know JUST what you mean about the butter. I like having an UNOPENED box in my fridge at all times....... xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to see your bloggity name pop up in my feedreader. Get thyself some butter and get back here with some funeral stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once upon a time I was watching my fat intake(something I am now cured of), and discovered that I could have a tbsp of butter or a doughnut. It was a hard choice. A very hard choice....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan, I totally have no butter in my house right now and it has been this nagging thorn in my side for a few days. I am just too lazy to get to that store for one lonely stick of butter. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be an epidemic. I had to stop at the store on my way home from work to get butter. Didn't need anything else - just butter.
    Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope that by now you are feeling much butter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know you're back in the Land of Lincoln safe and sound. You were surely missed while you were gone South. Hope you're all doing alright and working through the grief of losing such a special loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Back!

    We always have at least 2 pounds of butter in the house, in various forms. Plus, when it is on sale I STOCK UP. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Butter in my mouth,
    creamy, salty sensation,
    making me happy.

    Nate's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get your butter and then get your butt-er home. We want to hear the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me want to check my own butter supply...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about Al's mom.
    I'm thinking of you guys. xoxo

    Your last entry (the one that started with the shoes) is one of the most beautiful entries I have ever read anywhere. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound as if you MIGHT be joking about the butter, but I am one of those people who just can't make it through the day without knowing there is butter in the house, too. I have at least 4 pounds of it in my spare fridge, just in case....

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?