Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Hot New Upper Body Work-out: The 30 Minute Prune

With all the spring rain and the unseasonably hot weather we had last month, our little slice of the prairie was beginning to look more like the jungle, so I pruned (That is such a funny word. Prune, prune, prune. Aw, yeah, say it with me now: Prunity-prune-prune ... ) all the shrubs in our yard yesterday and hauled all the trimmings out to the road side.

And this morning I can't lift my hands above my waist. (I think I might be a little out of shape.) (And people? Edward Scissorhands I am not.) (But it doesn't look too bad, really, if you just go ahead and imagine that a strong wind's blowing in from the North whenever you look at it.)

Anyway, the upshot of all this is that blogging was a bit of a challenge earlier today as I had to type standing up at my bathroom counter and could only stretch my forearms out far enough from there to use the keys on the nearest rows of the laptop to my person, which means my entire 5 Minutes for Parenting post had to be comprised solely of "z,x,c,v,b,n,m,<,>,?" and the space bar.

But I did it. Completely vowel-lessly. Right here.

(Oka-a-ay, I used a few vowels. And we'll call the post over there a prologue to what I'm hoping I'll soon be able to write about our trip and Grandma's funeral. Once my arms are fully mobile again, I mean.)



Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

3 comments:

  1. I mowed the lawn on Saturday for the first time since I was 16, and my arms and hands are AWFUL. I hurt, but it was so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously need to weed our flower beds. knowing it will be a workout may just give me the motivation needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parallel lives! Today I was out hacking away at our monstrous dogwoods. They were just embarrassing, so I finally did something about them. We'll see if I can move tomorrow . . .
    -- Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?