Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

'Opeless.

Al: I was thinking about a dream date I want us to go on.

Megan: Oh really?

Al: Mmmm-hmmm. First we'll go work out together at the health club. Then we'll get cleaned up and dressed and leave from the club to go out for dinner, and after that we'll go to a movie.

Megan: Oh, that sounds so nice!

Al: Only trouble is by the time we get to go out on a date again, we'll be too old to work out.

Megan: Al! You're s'posed to be my hope when all my hope is lost.

Al: Load up the chariot, Martha. The Huns are at the drawbridge.

Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

8 comments:

  1. All is not lost... stay in shape now and it won't be so bad when your older. It actually gets better when the kids are grown and out of the house. Then you just have each other and all the time in the world to date. Its really ok. I'm old I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move to Michigan - I'll watch the kids for free and you can do all those things!
    I tagged you in a post tonight. Join if you want, but don't feel obligated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I know the feeling, love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you, my friends. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dream is not lost! Just find a retirement home that offers water exercise classes. Those are a huge hit with the older crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny!
    I stopped by from Mari's blog to say hello. Nice to meet you! I'll stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Al, he cracks me up.

    Hope is not lost...sometimes it just dims a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?