Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Just Really Dig Him

"There you go, honey, your holes are all dug. Now we can put your new shrubs in as soon you go pick them out."

I tossed down the pitchfork, with which I'd been flipping and fluffing mulch at the base of a maple tree, and hurried over to plant a grateful and passionate kiss on my sweet husband's lips.

"What was that for?" he asked, steadying himself.

"For digging those three great holes for me," I answered, smiling.

"Oh, okay," he said, grabbing up his shovel with enthusiasm. "Where would you like your canal?"



Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

15 comments:

  1. Such a willing gentleman, and all it took was a kiss??? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a guy! (In more ways than one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute - it's nice to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see he's a motivated worker.

    (Your title made me groan. Out loud.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) what a cutie! :) thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And he digs you, too. Har-dee-har-har.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DAYUM, I wonder what he'd do for chocolate cake, cuz I wouldn't feel right kissing him, but I sure could use someone like that here on The Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, Al's so funny! :) I wish I could meet you guys in person. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the sweetness!!!! What a man!!

    Mary, mom to many

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this should be in the Guide to Marital Bliss Handbook. Seriously! It's amazing how a little, or not so little thank you kiss can go a long way in having a successful marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snort. I can see my hubby saying much the same thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?