Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Please Pray for Karen and Her Mom

Will y'all all please join me in praying for my sweet friend Karen at Simply A Musing Blog and her Mom?

Karen's Mom has been in the hospital since yesterday with multiple complications which could lead to stroke, and as of the last update I've heard doctors are concerned that Mom is possibly too frail to make it through surgery to prevent a stroke, so decisions are having to be made sortof between "the lesser of two evils." (That's my take, anyway.)

(And I say that with the caveat that I am not a doctor and have never played one on TV and haven't been in a Holiday Inn Express in about 10 years, so I'm trying to get y'all information without getting too far into medical details which I would very likely miscombobulate beyond recognition).

As you can imagine, Karen needs prayer too, for comfort, strength and wisdom, as does her whole family.

I am certain she would also appreciate coming home to find your love and support and assurances that you're praying in her comments box, as well.

Thank you kindly!

Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

7 comments:

  1. Prayers are being offered,now to go post a request on my site and link back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying right now & heading over to her blog to let her know. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Karen and her mom. My mom has been ill lately too. Such an unsettling feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely praying. i sure do love karen. so sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan,

    You are a dear, sweet, wonderful friend and I really, really LOVE you. :) I have received so many emails and notes from folks that have seen this petition for prayer and I just needed to stop by and thank you personally. Thank you. :)

    Mom is home now and we are taking it one day at a time. She's not in good enough health to have the surgery, but not bad enough for them to keep her in the hospital (so yay for the prayers - because I truly thought she was going to die on Wednesday). I will do my best to keep everyone posted via facebook, twitter and my blog...but I've just been so caught up that I forget.

    Again, thank you for your concern and prayers. It means more to me than you could know. {hugs}

    Love you girlie,

    Karen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?