Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Also, I Have NO CLUE What Kind of Ice Cream He Likes Best. I KNOW! This Could Take Awhile.

An old high school mate of mine posted this quiz on Facebook and I couldn't resist answering the questions for Al. Some of these I actually struggled with, like #3 (he likes everything!) and #8, and the one about his favorite cake.

Apparently, he's still a total mystery to me, at least when it comes to narrowing down what he REALLY loves to eat. Probably because he really loves to EAT. Period.

(I'm thankful we have the rest of our lives together for us to conduct detailed and exhaustive research in this area.)

(This evening's laboratory work involves family-sized bag of barbecue potato chips.)


------------------

1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
Sports or the History Channel

2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad?
Ranch

3. What's one food he doesn't like?
He is not a big fan of mint.

4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order to drink?
A Manhattan, up.

5. Where did he go to high school?
Vienna High in Vienna GA

6. What size shoe does he wear?
10 1/2 - 11

7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?
Braves baseball memorabilia. Or ... money.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Meatloaf, spicy chicken or a cheeseburger, if that counts.

9. What would this person eat every day if he could?
Peanuts (or nuts of any kind, really), and he does.

10. What is his favorite cereal?
He doesn't eat cereal now, but I think he loved Frosted Flakes as a kid.

11. What would he never wear?
Never say never. He would wear pretty much anything for a laugh, and he has. (See below.)

12. What is his favorite sports team?
The Atlanta Braves

13. Who did he vote for?
He votes for the candidate, not the party. But I'm not revealing any of his choices because I didn't ask him if it was okay and he is a very private guy about such matters.

14. Who is his best friend?
Me, Marquis and Pete

15. What is something you do that he wished you wouldn't do?
Correct his grammar and pronunciation on the rare occasion I think he's said something the wrong way. (I wish I didn't do it, too.) Also, I beat myself up too much, according to him.

16. What is his heritage?
He's 1/16th Cherokee.

17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
Lemon coconut if it has to be cake, but he is really more of a pie person.

18. Did he play sports in high school?
Yes. Baseball.

19. What could he spend hours doing?
Reading/studying.

20. What is one unique talent he has?
He sings beautifully, but in my opinion his unique talent is in how he relates to other people. He has a gift for making each person he interacts with feel like the most important person in the room. And I really love that about him.

If I gave this list of questions to Al for him to answer, our answers wouldn't match at all because he would answer every one of them with a self-deprecating joke, which is another thing (well, two things!) I love about him: He's hilarious and very humble. But he's also really wonderful and loving and GOOD, and there aren't enough glowing words in the world to describe how much I love and appreciate him.


Photobucket
On #11? I totally rest my case, y'all.

Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

17 comments:

  1. MAN those are some cute birds. My husband loves the Braves too, despite how they continue to break his heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that picture makes me laugh! Too cute! Not with ya on the Braves though - we're Phillies fans all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that photo!
    This was fun to read, I think I might steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bean looks as though she's checking to see if anyone else is looking at them. Maybe a little embarrassed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bean definitely looks a tad embarrassed in that picture. Al saved that costume to pull out and humiliate her some more when she's a teenager, right? I think that would work to scare away some of the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved reading more about your honey. ♥

    come on by my blog for a giveaway. free stuff...gotta love that.

    have a great day, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture! I have this meme and I'm planning to post it on our anniversary in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that picture! I think it's cool that he has some Cherokee in him. I used to wish I had a little Indian blood in me because I found them so fascinating when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is 1/16th Cherokee too.

    Love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say you know your man pretty well.. and the picture of those two is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, he is in a chicken suit! I was just talking about chicken suits the other day. My man doesn't like mint either so imagine his disgust when he tasted his first mojito.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really, Cherokee? I thought he'd be more of a Creek.

    I love that the picture was taken by the 75% off sign.

    That post was so clever. Makes me want to do one of my husband.

    Go Braves...picture that with some Tomahawk chop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That picture totally made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohmygranny (that was for you) that picture is HIGH-larious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He rally will wear anything! What a good sport, the old bird!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know how much you love your man! The picture took me by surprise and I laughed out loud! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This picture is priceless ( even at 75% off!), especially how little bird looks more than slightly embarrassed of big bird!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?