Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Stuff

I got a friendly little nudge this morning, reminding me that I'd be losing myself some readers soon if I didn't give y'all something to read. I secretly hope that's not actually the case, but the idea does have merit, doesn't it?

We're all fine here at FriedOkra Manor, just dealing with some STUFF. You know how it is, right? None of it is Big Stuff, just sortof a slow avalanche of Little Stuff that keeps happening at a pace that lets me stand up for a day before I get knocked back down again.

And about 50% of you just sighed, "DITTO!" and the other half of you would have done so a couple of months ago, so I know you know what I mean and you've all been there too. We all have. Life goes in cycles - sometimes things are all peachy keen and the world is your oyster and all that and other times, well, somebody else has all the peaches and oysters for awhile. I'm old enough to have seen the cycles come and go, but young enough to remember them, so I know to just hang on tight to my kids and my husband and God and let go of everything else for awhile.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's all fine, maybe just ONLY fine right now, but fine is fine, you know? It's just not all that funny or clever or bloggable. I'll be back, probably any day now. I'm just biding my time until I've worked through All The Stuff and am feeling a bit more like me again.

Or until I humiliate myself publicly again.

Whichever comes first.

(And I think we all know the odds are stacked pretty high on option B.)

Y'all have a great week!

Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

20 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! Can't wait to read more of your bloggable moments. They always keep me in stitches! :) Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's face it, life ain't always always bloggable or funny. Until then, I'll wait patiently for more Okra hilarity because we ALL have "stuff" to work through every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate. There are really times when I can't seem to find something interesting to blog about. I guess it's pretty normal.
    And we also have some important things to attend to every now and then. Don't worry, you'll soon have something to blog about. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggle with life happening and not having much to write about all too often, so, yeah, I can realate too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always thinking of you Megan, and truly believe that blogging just to keep readers is completely the wrong reason to blog. Doing what you need to do....that is what matters. :)

    hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! You showed up in my Google reader again. Guess you got it fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will continue to foll you no matter how much or how littler you p[ost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah...I've been there too. Come back when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. I totally understand.

    Y'all take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally totally been there. Am there.

    Take care of yourself and come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too! It's been busy here with Andy being home, but a good busy! You take your time and post when you can. You won't lose me that easily!

    ReplyDelete
  12. {{hugs}}

    I'll be here when you get back, no need to hurry - keep your priorities right where they belong - with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I so know what you're talking about. Take your time but when you come back we'll all be very glad to hear from you! (do you have a crawler now?? that was such a big adjustment for me. There were just enough years in between Max and Mini that I forgot about that adjustment.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How we all know what you mean! We just got done dealing with a bunch of stuff that slid down the hill towards us. It took time, but here we are!

    We are here, and not going anywhere. I feel like I should be camping out in front of a ticket booth just waiting for things to open back up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was there dealin with "stuff" a month or so ago. Baby girl is goin on seven months now, we are all moved into our new home and the "stuff" has slowed down a bit so I'm finally bloggin again. I'll be back by here and can't wait to read more from you soon. Until then, hang in there... it's just "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this happened to me last week. Stuff can definitely take over and I found that something just had to give. Good for you taking a break and taking care of your stuff.

    Glad your back, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. work thru your stuff. we will wait patiently. love to all the okra clan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Again, totally understand where you're coming from. Somehow, my 'overwhelmedness' cycle lines up rather neatly with my other 'monthly' cycle....hmmm.... :) Anyway...as far as losing readers, I took a bloggy break for about 3-4 weeks now, and I just put up a post the other day & have gotten NO comments yet - yikes! I haven't even checked my hits b/c I'm scared there aren't any. I read all my blogs in Google Reader, so if someone doesn't post for a while, it just sits there & when they do I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yep, got two little "stuffs" over here that we are working with.

    I blink and next thing I know I've taken an impromtu week long bloggy break.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, yeah, STUFF. I don't have any children left at home and I still have stuff happen. take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?