Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What I'm NOT Wearin' to Blissdom '09

For a brief minute back the first or second week of January, I came *thisclose* to gettin' myself all registered up to jet off to Nashville for Blissdom '09 next weekend. And OH, how excited I was, and just like I do for ANY EVENT, EVER, that will require me to leave the walls of FriedOkra Manor, up to and including takin' Bean to preschool two mornings a week, for which I never even have to get out of my CAR, I began to obsess about what I was gonna wear.

I love me some clothes.

Al abbreviated my plans for attending The Big Do with some, you know, LOGIC, and I hastily and bummeredly abandoned them. Oddly, though, I've not stopped obsessing over what to wear. In fact, since I'm NOT going to Blissdom, and I can theoretically shop anywhere I like, spend as much as I want, and throw together as many beautiful, classically-styled outfits as my little heart desires, I've spent (so far) about half a day, all tallied, online cuttin', pastin', URL-in' and arranging my way to my absolute DREAM bloggy conference wardrobe.


If you're going to Blissdom, I hope you have a fantastic time. Hug your own and each other's necks for me and imagine the Okra, on Friday, strolling up to you wearin' the following ensemble.

(You can click on any of the photos below to see more details about or even purchase the item pictured, by the way.)

Photobucket

The classic white cap sleeve turtleneck from Ann Taylor won't require ironing to stay lookin' fresh, and since Day One will involve some airport hoppin', I'm thinkin' that's a good thing.

Photobucket

A nice, crisp pair of wideleg trousers. Who can argue with a crisp and classic stone pant in a universally flattering silhouette? Nobody, that's who. Found these at Nordstrom.com. Too expensive, but since I'm spendin' Theoretical Bucks, the sky's the limit, man!

Photobucket

Found this pretty silk scarf through Overstock.com. Did you know turquoise compliments ANY complexion/coloring? Get you sumpm turquoise and try it on and let's compare notes.

Photobucket

Also from Nordstrom, a pair of almost wedgie-like heels with a cute button feature. I like that they're not too high for the miles I'll walk on Day One, but not too low to mess up the long leg-line I'm sportin' in my widelegs.

Photobucket

I like this watch. I need a new silver watch. Hello Al? Valentine's Day approacheth. Ahem. Love you!

Photobucket

And this? The piece de resistAWNCE, in my fashion-challenged opinion. I thought this coat up in my head and then had to hunt it down online. Found it at Nordstrom.com and it's not EXACTLY what I dreamt up, but it's close.

Me though? I think I'll wear a size that, you know, FITS MY BODY. I am not keen on the orphan-in-the-too-small-clothes-with-her-4-inch-long-wrists-stickin'-out look, much. Y'all?

Photobucket

I hadda stop by etsy.com for a handbag, because every outfit has to have a conversation-startin' piece and a handmade bag like this generally does the trick. It's maybe a bit too matchy-matchy with the rest of the outfit, but I am digging my green/turquoise theme on Day One so much I can live with matchy-matchy this time.

What do y'all think of Day One's threads? Am I All Up In It, or will I be standin' in a corner alone, rethinkin' my Jolly Green Okra coat by noon-ish?




Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

27 comments:

  1. Girl, you will look fab! You need to send us your picture with the outfit on!

    We will take pictures with you.

    Like Flat Stanley.

    But "Cute Megan"

    Next year you must come to Blissdom10!

    xoxo, alli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verra clever. The wrist comment made me snort. Wish you were going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some really nice choices! You would have looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the coolest. Who else would take the time to put together the outfit for the conference that won't be attended? I think Alli's idea for Cute Megan is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pants. I need some pants. But Nordstrom is not even in the same country as my budget. Boden has a really cute green jacket too. Can't wait to see what other outfits you might have pulled together. And I also want to go to a blogging conference but my husband thinks I'm insane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! We can virtually look fabulous while not attending and making plans to attend next year together! It'll be a blast! Kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I ever go to a conference can I hire you as my personal fashion coordinator? That outfit is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit. Nordstrom is my dream store--meaning I usually only shop there in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the clothes and purse. I can imagine you'd look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful choices! I'm not going either, and it's only 40 miles away!! Registration etc. just wasn't in the budget, what with having to pay for another baby and all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that green jacket! Great outfits. We must go shopping together cause you have great style. I'm not able to swing BlissDom either so we can have our own pity party looking great in our outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to go so badly! But then I decided it was probably better to be in town for my child's birthday that weekend.

    dang kids.

    Next year, 2010 - you and me kid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it all :-) especially the bag from etsy - because etsy? it rocks my world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. now that is a great outfit. I am going and have not a clue what I am wearing.

    what do you wear? a comfy dress, cute pants, skirt...

    ReplyDelete
  15. TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS FOR JUST THE PANTS!!!

    I don't think I'll be able to find those at my local thrift store. But I do like them VERY MUCH!!!!

    Ann Taylor has some that remind me of those a bit. But Ann Taylor's must not do even 1/4 of what these must do!

    xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..you would look fantastic! I'm jealous and you won't even be there for me to envy....love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't the BlogHer event right in Chicago this year? Are you going to that?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I was in the mood for this kind of post - I've been online shopping too lately with theoretical bucks (and a hypothetical 20 pound weight-loss) and I've been having a TIME! I love the jacket...a little longer in the sleeve, yes. And the bag is a great conversation starter, you're right! How fun, I'd love to go shopping with you one day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the outfit, especially the handbag.

    If it makes you feel any better, I'm not going either. I REALLY wanted to go, but it just wasn't in the budget this year. (even though it was remarkable affordable compared with SheSpeaks)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm bummed not to meet you at Blissdom in that Rawkin' outfit! Great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  21. absolutely, you go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You may have a new line of work started here. I'm thinking of something on TLC like Fashions by the Blogging queen" or something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dang that male logic and all its common sense.

    The green coat is fabulous, darlink. The bag makes it work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I rilly rilly rilly wanted to go, too. I'm not either. Let's hold hands and pity each other the whole time they are there, okay? Might as well, since clearly no one else will be around to talk to.

    I think this is the most darling outfit ever. I would hope that for $225, those precious wide leg trousers also tone and firm the midsection, buns, and thighs while you wear them. Or somethin. Because my GOODNESS those are some expensive pants!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE the coat and the bag. Janine King is amazing!

    So far so good. The pants are wonderful, except I would do a boot cut, since I am short. The really wide pants make me feel like a goon. lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm cracking up about now, as I realize that you were NOT wearing these things...you are one funny little nut, Missy!! I have some logic for you...and who knows, by the time I get caught back up with your posts, I may be on here again saying, "good for you, you came up with it first"...anyway, My logic is "you SHOULD buy these things with the money you SAVED by NOT going to whatever it was." :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?