Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hot Apricot Casserole - It's So Easy You Could Make It In Your Sleep, and So Good You Just Might

I'm posting this for I-can't-remember-her-first-name-because-I'm-a-dingbat at The Fritz Facts, but it may be of benefit to y'all if you're looking for an easy, yummy sidedish for a Christmas breakfast, brunch or dinner.

Ingredients:

2 cans apricot halves, drained and 3/4 c. juice (syrup) reserved
18 Ritz crackers
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 Tbsp. butter (Oh please just use real butter this one time. Please? It's CHRISTMAS!)

Directions:
Grease a casserole, layer apricots, crackers, then sugar. Dot with butter. Pour 3/4 cup reserved apricot juice over all. Bake uncovered at 350° for 20 minutes.

Doesn't get much easier than that, does it? Great with pork or chicken, but I'd eat it with pretty much anything. Including nothing. Right out of the casserole dish. As it sits on the countertop. Cold. At 2 AM. With a serving spoon.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

I'm just sayin'.


Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

7 comments:

  1. K-E-L-L-Y-N

    Not a ding bat, since I can't remember my own name half the time! lol

    Thank you so much! I love Twitter...so much help in my panic moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - so good and easy too!
    Merry Christmas to the whole gang at Fried Okra Manor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that sounds divine! I am so trying that for a dessert tomorrow...i bet it would be super yummy with vanilla bean ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I'm a fan of the Fritz Facts ;) Kellyn, that is!

    That casserole sounds so divine and you're right, I could probably make it in my sleep. If I had some canned apricots. Shoot. I just went grocery shopping today and I don't see myself making the 70 one-way trek again this week. Maybe the gas station has some? I can only hope. I have everything else on the list!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! I can't wait to try that when my hubby comes home!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?