Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Now If I Could Just Get Her Interested in Changing Poopy Diapers, We'd Be All Set.

Oh, what a four days it's been here! I hope y'all had a more relaxing weekend than I had. For once in my life I'm happy it's MONDAY.

A couple of you have requested updated pictures of the legumes (ie. Bean and Peanut) and I'm happy to oblige!

The busy weekend presented me with some nursing challenges, so I cleverly dragged out my trusty Medela and attempted to give Mr. Peabody a bottle or two.

To which he responded, "OH HECK TO THE NAW, MAMA!"

Photobucket
A bottle? From YOU? NOTHANKYOUVERYMUCH.


On one such occasion, my attempt to administer nutrition while remaining fully clothed thwarted, I plunked the bottle down on a shelf in his room and left him cooing and kicking on the floor while I scurried off to tend to some other household crisis and returned moments later to discover this:

Photobucket

Yep. Nutrition Delivery Plan B. B, as in Bean. The boy LOVES his big sister and will gladly accomodate her wildest desires just to garner and maintain her attention for a little while. They were QUITE pleased with themselves after they pulled this little stunt on me.

Photobucket
Angry Prairie Dog Impression?


Photobucket
They spend more and more time just hangin' out together. I do a lot of sniffling happily off in a corner (with my camera) whenever I see them like this.


Photobucket
Bean and Uni-dee-Unicorn, whom she got for her birfday. She pulls Uni around from room to room with her and "hitches her up" to drawer pulls and door knobs. When she heads off for preschool, I am left with careful instructions as to what to do for Uni while she is away. Among my favorites are, "Gently dry her tears and tell her I will be home real soon if she starts to cry for me." and "Feed her some of my Halloween candy, BUT NOT ANYTHING I REALLY LIKE!"


Photobucket
The look that I predict will get him out of many a bind later in life.


Photobucket
Makes my heart go SQUOOSH.


Also, I forgot to mention Friday that I posted about a lip plumper I tried at Chic Critique and y'all might get a laugh or two out of it.

Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

32 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Oh Boy!!!

    They are just so beautiful! I LOVE the one of her feeding him a bottle. So sweet! His smile stretches all the way to his cute lil ears!! I love Bean's hair. It looks like it has more sun kissed colors than ever!!

    xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, your kids must be the most beautiful kiddos I've ever seen . . . (besides my own of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that I never get enough of the pictures of your sweet offspring. They are the cutest ever! Thanks for posting them and bring on some more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Peanuts bright blue eyes and how cute is the photo of them together when Bean is feeding him??

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. And I've been reading here a long time and still cannot get over her hair. Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay that he took the bottle from Bean! It's so awesome that they adore each other SO much. :o)
    Thanks for the pictures of your adorable legumes. We, clearly, cannot get enough!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious! Those two get cuter and more adorable every time I see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so cute, and they look so much alike.

    Love Bean's hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so cute! I think Peanut is starting to look more like Bean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How totally sweet! They're so blessed to have each other!

    I LOVE that first photo of your guy - he's adorable! and his expression is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooooooooooooo oooooooooo ooooooooooo what a treat. I am dying over here. You kiddos are adorable. Each and every photo made me smile, and squoosh....and stuff. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh Megan, they are both so adorable. You have got to frame the picture of Bean feeding Peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful princess and prince you have there. I just cant get over the fact that we can tell kids something till we are blue in the face but it never sinks in til another kid gives it a shot. I hope you had a great Monday and rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post made my uterus ache a bit :)

    I love Bean's horse outfit - especially the horse skirt - that was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that Bean just stepped right in to do the bottle thing! Can I borrow her? My older sons never displayed any inclinations to feed their baby sister -- and diapers were definitely off limits!
    -- Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omigosh! That picture of Bean feeding her baby brother -- too cute for words! That should go on your Christmas card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaah, I feel better now. Your kids are so darn cute! Boo has the same tiara as Bean, hehe. And that photo of her feeding Peanut is absolutely adorable, I love it! She is such a sweet girl.

    I'm not too surprised that he wouldn't take a bottle from you. My SIL nursed and bottle-fed (well, breastmilk in a bottle) my niece and nephew but neither one would take a bottle from her. From anyone else they would, though. Those kids know who has what!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness- your kids are TOO cute! Sorry he wouldn't take a bottle for you- my son did fine with bottles until he was about 8 months old, and he won't take any kind of milk in any kind of bottle or cup now...he'll be a year next week, so I'm working on weaning... :) Hope Bean will do better for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved these pics - you and Al make such cute kids! :)

    And let me just say that I love that Bean's hair! I know I've told you that before, but I just DO!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photos, they are so precious!!

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, you have got yourself some cute, cute kids!! And wow, Bean looks so big now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sister to the rescue! LOVE THAT PICTURE - it may be one of my very favorites of your two sweet ones I have ever seen.

    When I see the girls playing together or snuggling on the couch, my heart hurts with happiness so much I think it might explode. So much good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Megan...your kiddos are so precious! There's not a single photo that I didn't swoon over. That Bean is just a doll and Peanut's smile is the perfect ingredient for melting hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You already know, of course, that I'm adoring of your children! Such beautiful faces and smiles. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh!! I just love the pic of Bean feeding Peanut. That is one you will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is the most awesome picture of big sister feeding baby brother. Your young uns are absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know I've already said this, but your kids are sooo adorable! And those eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's pictures like these that I miss the most. Cherish the time when your children are still young because time flies by so fast! The next thing you know, they'd be all grown. Thanks for posting these great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh these pictures. They are the cutest kiddos ever. (but you already knew that)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A couple of you have requested updated pictures of the legumes (ie. Bean and Peanut) and I'm happy to oblige!

    Hehehe, I'll take that as a personal shout out to moi LOL. Love those pics, just love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The prairie dog impression is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?