Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

For All the Complainin' I Do, I'm Also Completely Overjoyed to Be Their Mother, No Kiddin'!

Next time I'm whinin' about how tired and put out I am by these chiddren of mine, y'all send me back here, okay?

Would you LOOK at this boy?

Sometimes I have to grit my teeth to keep from biting him, he's so cute!

Ooof!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

We had a great weekend here, y'all. My husband, bein' the saint that he is, took care of Peabody ALL WEEKEND LONG, so Bean and I got to have some girl time together (we went out to lunch and then shopping, of course!).

As we sat together in a booth (she sat beside me), eatin' our sandwiches and listenin' to some live acoustic guitar music, my heart got all happy and achey and my eyes welled up with tears as I looked over at my sweet, sweet daughter, clearly delighted to be with just little old me, sharing chips and a drink and chatting about nothing in particular.

I looked at her face, her beautiful, sweet face, beaming ear to ear with excitement and fun, and I grabbed that child up close to me and kissed her cheeks. Then her nose. Then her forehead and her chin. And then, as she giggled and wiggled in my arms, I squoze her REALLY REALLY TIGHT for a long time. As long as she'd let me.

"MA-MAAAAA!" she laughingly exclaimed, "What was all THAT for?"

"I just love you so much Bean. I love spending time just the two of us like this. You're the coolest girl I know, and I'm so amazingly lucky that I get to be your Mama." (Choke choke swallow sniffle blink blink.)

"Aawwww! I love you too, Mama. Looks like we must be best friends!"

"Looks like, baby. Looks like." (Sob.)

Photobucket

Seriously. These two are the best things that ever happened to me. And their little Daddy makes three.

Above all else, I am so, so grateful for these blessings.

Thank you Kelly at Love Well for this reminder:

Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious -- the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

- Philippians 4:8-9, The Message


Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

25 comments:

  1. Oh - what great gummy grins! ;-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - what great gummy grins! ;-) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - what a sweet little post. Peanut sure does look like he must be related to Bean - they are both cute as the dickens! I'm glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lurked for a long time but I just have to say what a blessing your blog was today about your precious children!

    I love that scripture especially from THE MESSAGE.

    You are indeed blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie patootie! He is growing so much, and both of the kids are so stinkin' cute. Good job, mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice you have the aquarium bouncer. Wondering: does the ocean thingy make a terrible, horrible, no good noise for you when the starfish is spinning? King of like "chugga chugga chugga chugga." Mine's been through four kids now and is complaining mightily. Am trying to decide if I need to give it up or a new one or if I should put up with that sound for another baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those smiles are TOO adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Megan...you made me smile and I shed a few tears for both of us when I read your post today. I'm a mama to three and have been feeling very down in the dumps lately...today has been a good day, and you just put the icing on the cake. Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The toothless grins are awesome but in picture number 3 I can tell he is planning something that doesn't bode well for you! Enjoy those babies - they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet, precious, adorable blessings are yours! Isn't it amazing how they can fill you up?

    hugs,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww!!! Those blessing are really something..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful reminders of how great life can be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful gummy smile!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those smiles and your pretty girl too!!

    Great message today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that brought tears to my eyes, as I can relate to everything you just wrote!

    Your two chldren are BEAUTIFUL and how much does Peabody look like Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! You put into words (so well) what every mother feels. It's so tough sometimes but there's nothing as beautiful or wonderful. Your babies are beautiful! (I love that scripture, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my God, Megan...that boy is scrumptious!! I see what you mean about wanting to eat him up. God he is absolutely beautiful adn I am not just saying that. And Alex is also the most beautiful...you and Al make gorgeous babies. You just do. Yes, you are blessed and we all know you feel it despite your frustration sometimes. Heather and Cami

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those toothless grins!

    What a great post! I"m looking forward to some good alone time with my 4 year old boy when my 3 week old girl is just a tad bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  19. grinning from ear to ear here. :) I have felt this joy.....often, and I tend to squeeze so tight I might pop her pretty little head off. tee hee

    life is good....life is soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh My Granny, Megan- he is adorable.

    And those times with our little girls are they best, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post made me BAWL!
    And your kids are so beautiful. But you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AMEN!

    I've been trying to take purposeful time each day this week to just sit and BE with each of my kids. (The baby is the most cooperative. Because she's not as fast as the others and therefore cannot escape me.) It's tremendously grounding; I need to be reminded -- every day -- of what's truly important. And you can't get much higher on the list than those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My daughter why I wanted to be a Mommy. I told her that she'd never know the joy that children bring until she had her own. This post confirms it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gush! He's beautiful with that huge smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?