Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

But I'm STILL Wonderin' Who's Holdin' Donna Now.



I don't know why, people. I have NO IDEA why that song popped into my head a minute ago. But it did. And I happened to be on Twitter, so I typed in a few lyrics and asked if anyone could name the artist.

I honestly didn't think a single solitary soul would be able to get it. But in less than a minute, the Queen of Music tweeted back, "UM, El DeBarge. Thank you. Thank you so much."

Honestly, I believed even way back THEN that I might be DeBarge's only actual fan.

It had to be BooMama, y'know? Had to.

I may have to make this "Name the Artist" game a weekly gig. It maketh me happy, happy, happy.

Follow me on Twitter from over there in my sidebar and you can play along too!



Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

14 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE this song. HAHA...totally following you on Twitter now. YES!! Make this a weekly gig! Especially if you break out these retro flashbacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is, that I totally missed that tweet, because I was working on another blog launch...but I knew that too! Shocking, isn't it, my friend?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always miss your 'kids are napping' twitter window. Blame it on the time zone difference and my pesky employer expecting me to actually do some work while I'm here.

    I would not have been able to tell you this was DeBarge but that robot was one of my first technology crushes. I seriously considered robotics for my computer science concentration just because of that adorable guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all time favorite 80s songs. It makes me happy.

    And I SO remember that video. Sad isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. (Sigh.) Now I have to add that song to my iTunes collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the top loading VCR...the whole retro vibe was fun. =) Alas, I would not have been able to pull out the artist or song that quickly though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O M Gosh! what a blast from the past

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! Gotta love Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You weren't the only one who liked DeBarge! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7T4FuJJO1E (Rhythm of the Night) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following your blog for a couple of months and absolutely adore your little place in blogland! You remind me of a friend I had in college that was always quick witted and had something funny to say every few minutes! Its a breath of fresh air! I'm due with baby #2 in a couple of weeks and have been following your post partem activities. Girl, get ready because I'm certain I will be asking you lots of questions in a few weeks about how to deal with two chiddren!!!

    Thanks for being so candid and making us all feel normal!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started singing it when I read your title, knew exactly who it was and owned the cassette!!! You weren't their only fan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard that song before, but it has a good beat and would be easy to dance to so I give it a 10.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember this music video! (did I just admit that?) Think you should deifintely make this a regular feature! Too much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?