Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Stuff I Wrote Between My Many and Frequent Trips to the Loo

Have I mentioned to y'all that ever since this incident, Al tells me every day, sometimes twice a day and sometimes in very creative ways, that WOW, I have SUCH a tiny little bottom?

Remorse, it can be such a healthy thing in a marriage.

---------

No signs of baby yet. I'm pretty sure that in the next few days he'll have grown and stretched to such proportions that the doctor will be able to retrieve him by simply reaching down my throat and giving a gentle tug. Maybe I'll ask her to go ahead and grab my tonsils while she's in there. A two-fer!

---------

I just wrote "To Nana, From Bean" on a card that Bean is making for my Mom. Bean stood back, looked at it, drumming a finger on her lips, and said, "Very impressive, Mama."

---------

Today's the last day Bean and I will be just us. Forever. I am trying hard not to think about that.

-----------

Which, as you can imagine, just got a lot harder to NOT do.

------------

Distraction! Mama needs distraction!

------------

Just got a call from my Mom. Her flight's been delayed by several hours. Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth.


Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

14 comments:

  1. My, but you're mighty pensive today. You gotta start looking FORWARD, girl! Too much thinking spoils a girl's hair, dintcha know?
    Cathy from Souther Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodnes! I just welled up with tears. I went into premature labor with my 2nd baby very VERY quickly and I remember holding my firstborn in my arms (between contractions while my husband packed our hospital bag) thinking about how I just wanted to hang onto that moment of just having him. Oh things are gonna change but get ready 'cause little boys are SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts over the last few days have been great Megan. Bean's recital...she looked sooo cute, what fun that must have been!

    Message to peanut...you be nice to your momma when you come outa there, you hear? And come soon lil man, come soon!

    Blessings & prayers comin atcha girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ##############
    drats double drats AGAIN!

    xo~k

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what? I have never done anything that has been as wonderful in the long run for my kids as I did when I gave them siblings. It's sort of poignant right now, thinking of the end of this perfect triangle, but in a year, you'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh...#*#$%*^&($) Ahem. For some reason, I love this post - it's not like you, yet, it's just like you. Hurry up, Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read "the incident". OMG, I laughed so hard! That is exactly something my husband would do and say!

    He'll be glad to know he's not the only one. (Although, I'm not pregnant so he'd be in big trouble.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh girl.....you are certainly emotional right now, huh? hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Just found my way here through Laura's blog.

    The end of the 3rd trimester can go by so slowly. LOL!! I hope you don't have to wait too much longer. :D

    Karen of the MomDot Street Team
    www.MomDot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always KNEW I was your favorite commenter! I just KNEW it.

    :-)

    great post. The part about your last day with Bean alone...got me all choked up. Darn you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bean will be such a great big sister

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you are cracking me up --- hang in there. It will all be over soon and you'll be holding that precious little baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks... Just got to thinkin how our lives will change with our new addition too. I need a Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best Wishes!! Looking forward to the exciting news

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?