Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Alla Same I'd Advise Against Eatin' 'Em Bacon Bits, Gertie!

I've mentioned Al's full of fun and hilarity before a time or two here on the blog. When we were a' courtin' he managed to contain most of his funnies and pranks in the relatively gracious and refined categories of life. Now that we're married, though, he's of course proven he's pretty much just like any other man - his favorite humor centers around the crude-n-disgustin'.

Sigh.

I'd probably have buyer's remorse over it except he gives such good backrubs.

Friday night as Nana, Bean, Al and I finished our dinner Nana and I were up clearing away the dishes. Peanut lay asleep in his Daddy's arms, but Al was messing with his blanket and clothing to get him cozy.

"HEY! The cord stump came off!" he exclaimed.

Both of our heads shot around to look as Al held up the specimen for us to examine.

Then he promptly stuffed it into his mouth, chewed it up and swallowed it.

"Now," he said solemnly, with a hint of tears in his voice, "I am bonded to my son forever."

Nana clutched the countertop and looked away in horror, "Al Okra, you are ..."

I about DIED laughing.

He'd only eaten a leftover mushroom from the pizza we'd just finished.

But that man? Ugh, he is a sicko!

Photobucket


I also blogged over at 5 Minutes for Parenting today. And you'll be able to read that post without gagging on your coffee, I promise. It's my first attempt to capture some of the raw emotion of our exciting and unexpected birth arrangements.


Y'all can subscribe to FriedOkra's feed here.

29 comments:

  1. I can SOOO see my husband doing this, too! EWWWW!!!! and BWA-HA-HAAAAAA!!!!!!

    Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I about fell over, til I read the rest of your post. That man . . . oh that man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::stunned silence::

    I need a moment.

    OK, um...I 'bout fell out.

    whew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I nearly choked on my OJ!!

    LOL, that is hilarious!! Poor Nana!!!

    The baby is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sounds like my husband. I'm so sorry. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, he must be a hoot of a dad and husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, Megan, I think you know that you actually married that man for his sense of humor! God, I wish my husband had just a piece of that. Where do they come up with that stuff on the cuff like that. Hoenstly?!
    Heather and Cami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahhaha. That is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny! And the picture just topped it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHAH!
    And that picture is PERFECT. Now off to your Five Minutes Post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh geez! That's nasty!!! LOL!

    Reminds me of what some of my friends and I say when our husbands do something weird/dorky/gross or otherwise embarassing. We picked it up from an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Raymond did something weird and Debra says, sarcastically, "Stand back ladies! He's all mine."

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THAT'S funny! And just think -- he's going to teach the little man to do the same kinds of tricks! Watch out! :)

    The picture is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could see Honey doing something like that. They are such silly creatures but a man who can make you laugh is a precious thing. Hold onto him tight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hubby would just love Al. Men, gotta love em. Just think of all the fun times you'll have as peanut gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have I mentioned before that I love Al? He's got such a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. tee hee.....humor is wonderful in a marriage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness... I don't know what to say. Um, yuck! Let's hope he's not up in the middle of the night...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my...I gasped just thinking he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my granny...that is freakin' hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Al, you gave me an OMYGRANNY on that one.
    Men/boys can be so gross!

    Love the pic - Al's face is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my goodness! gagging gagging gagging!

    but oh so funny!

    xo~K

    ReplyDelete
  22. AGH! He totally had me. That sounds JUST like something my husband would do. Question: Does Al try on clown noses in the bathroom too, or is just Scott?

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Like father, like son!"
    Translation: You have alot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was totally grossed out until I got to the end then I couldn't stop laughing! That is hilarious!
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Somehow I missed out...WELCOME TO THE PEANUT!! (and your man Al...WOW!) Glad the little one is here safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is quite possibly one of the most hilarious things I've ever read! I can just imagine Nana's face and the weak feeling she must have had in her knees. :) SO funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?