Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Give Me 5 Minutes and I'll Give You My Girls



Alrighty people, sorry for the hold-up this morning. Here we go with the big news!

The wonderful ladies of 5MinutesforMom.com have developed a new sister site called 5MinutesforParenting.com -- a spin-off of a smash-hit blog, if you will. And one that'll hopefully go the way of Frasier and not, say, Joey. Because Matt LeBlanc's cuter than a duck on a junebug, but cry mercy with me -- that show was a cuh-rushin' dee-zaster.

And guess what, y'all? Guess who they asked to write a weekly post for them, every Monday?

(For whatever reason, although clearly when you see the list of the other writers for this blog you're going to recognize as quickly as I did that I'm truly not fit to take out the garbage for any of the amazing ladies I'll be posting alongside, and you'll laugh and think to yourselves, again just as I did, Well now hmmmmmmm... mebbe they meant to ask some other Megan? Surely this is a mistake. And scratch your head in puzzlement.)

(Which may explain the stops-just-short-of-paralyzing fear and doubt I've been enveloped in this week as I've tried to write my first post for the site. OHMYGRANNY.)

(But now I've given away the answer to the original riddle, darn it.)

Yeah, good guess! Your own little old FriedOkra girl. YEEKS!

Me.

Writin' about parenting.

Which should make for some funny bloggin' times seein' as how I'm going to have quite a bit of parenting goin' on here shortly, perhaps more than a woman of my particklar skill level should be allowed to perpetrate on her own, and I think we can all review past Meganish history and recognize that things at FriedOkra Manor will be heatin' up with heapin' helpings of humor and the chaos and sighing and lamenting and wiping up all sorts of infant-excreted bodily fluids off all sorts of not-previously-exposed-to-infant-excreted-bodily-fluid surfaces.

And we certainly wouldn't want to just keep all that stuff to ourselves, now would we? No ma'am, I didn't think so.

The more I think about it, the more I'm startin to think maybe they'll have me in my own special category on the new blog, like the Don't Let This Happen to You category, or the How NOT to Parent category.

It stands to reason.

Anyway I guess we'll all just have to subscribe to 5MinutesforParenting.com and hop over daily to find out, now won't we? Oh, yes! Let's do!

I'll see y'all there.

--------------------------------

And y'all subscribe to FriedOkra's feed right here.

20 comments:

  1. Congrats! They couldn't have gotten a better gal! Can't wait to read your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blogosphere is just buzzing with great news. Congratulations on an awesome new job! I can't wait to hear all the good stuff happening over there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be funny and great!!

    Congratulations, can't wait to read your new column!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Just WOW. I hear the theme song for the Jefferson's in the background as I read this - Movin' on UP! You're in some fabulous company - and you have earned it! :) You'll be a terrific addition to the new blog and I can't wait to read your first post there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous news. Congratulations!!

    And don't worry your pretty little head about this gig and all the other names on that Meet the Parents list. You'll hold your own just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!
    More fried Okra.

    Congrats.

    I tell ya, they picked a great panel of bloggers.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! They certainly picked the right Megan. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's so great for you. And no - I'm SURE it wasn't' a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan- for realz you belong with us. And what in the heck is this duck on a june bug thing you are talking about?

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yaaaaeeee YOU! How many times do I have to tell ya--YOU HAD ME AT "HELLO"??!!!

    You're going to be a great voice for this avenue, don't you dare second guess yourself! Orders!!

    They didn't choose you as a sympathy vote--you're bonafide!!

    Can't wait to see how it unfolds :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! You will be a super addition. I am certain I would fall into the category of "What Not to Do." Good thing God has given me three chances/children to work on. So glad He is in control of this parenting thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! I think they knew just what they were doing when they chose you. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're going to do GREAT and I know EXACTLY why they chose you - you're one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!! I saw that before I saw your post, so I was uber excited! I can't wait to see what comes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very exciting for you! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy for you and all your writing opps! Thanks for all the links - I've spent the last hour clicking all over the blog world tonight and have added a few bloggers to my reader. At least I'll try to read them...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! That is completely and totally exciting! Just added it to my subscriptions...

    ReplyDelete
  18. my computer is still down....sigh...but I am taking a minute here on my one day of work to jump on and see what you big news was. tee hee......love it! YOu are rocking the blogging world. you will take it over someday. LOL

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?