Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yikes! Has It Gotten That Bad?

Overheard in the car on the way home from the swimming lesson yesterday:

"Goodness Bean, you did such a GREAT job with your kick board today. I saw you listening to your teachers and doing just as they showed you. Then when you got into the water to swim, you kicked so BIG on your front AND on your back. I am really proud of you! Do YOU feel proud of you, too?"

"Yes, I do feel proud of me!"

"You really do?"

"Yes, I do. And Mama? Know who EWSE I'm proud of?"

"Who else?"

"You!"

"You're proud of me? Why?"

"I'm proud of you because you're smilin' and bein' sweet, and not grumping at me."

"Oh? Have I been grumping at you a lot lately?"

"Yes. You've been sooooo grumpy, Mama. Because you have that great big little baby in your tummy."

Sigh.

25 comments:

  1. From the mouth of babes.....
    Well at least she doesn't hold it against you.
    Greetings, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is amazing how aware kids are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool that she can articulate it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the things children say... It is amazing how in tune children are to the moods of their mothers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, it's taken me about four weeks to figure out why I was so cranky by five o'clock. We think it's hormones. My poor children were so relieved when Mommy identified the problem and GOT A GRIP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! At least she knows that it's not normal and that normally you're lovely and sweet and smiling.
    Not long now honey and then she'll have a baby brother to cuddle xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet- so smart that she realizes the grumps are coming from being pregnant and that she's not taking it personally

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Great big little baby."

    Love it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leave it to the sweet little babes to tell it like it is, huh? My two year old says the word "screechin'" waaaaay too much and it usually applies to me. **ugh**

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got a Cutie Pie Tootie on your hands! And she's going to be such a helpful big sister -- explaining things like Mama's moods to her little brother. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Atta girl. You, I mean. Oh, and Bean, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a smart one on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We ought to give kids a little more credit. I liked her approach too.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL. They do tell it like it is, don't they? Well, the end is in sight. Hang in there, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that she can tell you that in such a cute way! You can't even get upset about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That wee girl of yours is just the cutest ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the phrase grumpin' at me. At least she praised you while saying it - seems to me she's ready for management!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bean cracks me up! I love her how her thoughts come together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is she???

    I feel you on this Megan. Sam informed me the other day that he didn't love me & while Chris had a little chat with him about it Sam said he thought I didn't love him either!
    Right to the gut baby, and I'm not even pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?