Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

What a Difference an M Makes.

Man. I have soooooo many exciting things goin' on blogwise and it's KILLING ME, havin' to keep it all secret. I am SO lousy at keeping secrets! And I don't enjoy keeping them, either. But I must.

But there's ONE thing I CAN tell you, and it's that my one-year bloggiversary is coming up early next month and I'm getting a total blog make-over to celebrate.

And y'all. I'm not telling you anything about it yet. And I'm not telling you who's doin' for me.

But I got a sneak peak at what's been done on it so far and OH. MY. GRANNY.

I wanted to crawl through my computer screen and establish residency among the first images that have been painstakingly crafted for us. For y'all. Because I am so totally trying to keep this place cozy and inviting and homey for y'all. The kind of place you'll always want to go when you just want to get comfy and relax and have a laugh or two.

And oh, my designer gets that. And it shows in what's been created so far.

I can't wait for you to see it! Can't wait can't wait can't WAIT. Come ON, July.

--------------

Today I'm over at Chic Critique writin' about bein' all of Advanced Maternal Age and stuff. Did I ever tell y'all about the first time I heard that phrase? It was at the second sonogram during my pregnancy with Bean. We were all done and the technician handed me a couple of screen shots. I looked at them. I saw my name first, then a comma, and then "AMA."

"Isn't that sweet? You've got MAMA out there instead of MOTHER. I love that. Only there's a M missing, see?"

"Oh no ma'am, that's not MAMA. That's A-M-A. It stands for Advanced Maternal Age."

"Oh."

Ahem.

11 comments:

  1. A new look? How exciting- cant wait to see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, keep it in, girl! : ) And I can't wait to see your new look!!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the new design, although I do like your current one! As for the AMA, I am with ya! So if your under the AMA, are you a PAMA? Pre Advanced Maternal Age?
    http://lifeislikechampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see it! You're good at lots of things - among them surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get here July!!! I want to see. I want to see. If I ever get pregnant, I will be A-M-A too. I wonder if there if an acronym for going-in-a-wheelchair-to-our-high-school-child's-games? (Disclaimer: That was a little joke between my hubs and I about what it was going to be like to get prego at this age-not any kind of jab at anyone who actually is in a wheelchair. I would never be mean like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you've got me all excited too. I've never wished for the summer to go by quickly, but "COME ON JULY!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooo girl....you have me all excited, and anxious at the same time. I love surprises....but NOT waiting for surprises. eeekkkkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, girl! As to the AMA, you are totally a MAMA...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog makeovers are so much fun! I can't wait to see it, and everything else you have hidden away...

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMA indeed.

    I'm excited about the bloggy makeover - but aw, a little homesick already. I'm sure it won't last long. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?