Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

He's Also Convinced She'll Have a Wicked Jumpshot

Saturday morning sleepy conversation:

M: Has anyone ever questioned that Bean's yours or mine? Most people who know us well say she's very obviously a blend between you and me."

A: She looks like you. She's cute like her mother.

M: Yeah, and she looks like you. She's cute like her Daddy.

Pause.

M: What stereotypically white character traits does she have? I mean, she hates mayonnaise so we know she's got some black in 'er."

Long pause. He's thinking.

A: She's kinda bossy -- That's The Man in 'er.

(Don't worry, I punched him.)

M: You know I'm bloggin' that, right?

----------------------------------------

Al felt his Georgian interests went unrepresented after I posted yesterday's video ode to Carolina.

Here you go, honey:



(I think it's safe to say we're both feelin' inexplicably homesick this weekend. Something about havin' the HEAT RUNNING on Memorial Day weekend, maybe?)

11 comments:

  1. I understand about being homesick for the South. -especially as the weather warms (or should be warming)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that isn't just the BEST...love me some Ray.

    Happy Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love, Ray Charles! I got lots of his cd's but that song has to be one of his best.
    I'm laughing at your saturday morning conversation too. I think she's got the best of both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bean IS the perfect blend of you two, in her looks and in her personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a few days late in these comments, but 1) your hair looks very cute and 2)I want you to know how hungry your bbq post made me! I haven't satisfied that craving yet but I will, oh I will. 3) The Man -LOL. Personally, I love us colorful families :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's two more songs to add to my playlist...

    Oh, and by the way, my three year old still has to say, "Oh, my gwanny!" she can't quite get those r's in there. I tend to think it's cuter that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making me homesick for the midwest!! I'm from St. Louis, but we currently live outside of Houston. It was 100 degrees in the shade today!! Wanna trade places???

    ReplyDelete
  8. No heat running here - we're hittin' the pool tomorrow, then having hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and watermelon. Feel free to join us if Georgia is still on your mind... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?