Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

And It's Green, Too!

The one and only thing there's more of at FriedOkra Manor this week than snot is self-pity. And it's not the quiet, long-suffering kind of self-pity, either. It's mooooooooooooooooan, siiiiiiiiiiiigh, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh-ing self-pity. The kind that makes me as annoyed with myself as surely everyone else within a 10-mile radius of me must be.

There was barfing, too, from another member of the household, but that appears to be over now and I'm gonna spare y'all the punishment of those details, because you've done nothing at all to deserve such misery.

But there's something to live for! Because when this plague finally leaves my household and I can sit up for longer than a nano-second at a time, I'm going to review a handy little volume about raising healthy kiddos that Simon & Schuster sent me, and then give away several copies of it to some lucky readers.

!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I said free books, people! That is what I said! FREE BOOKS, right here at FriedOkra! Upon my restoration to health.

Hot ziggity, I can't wait, can you?

11 comments:

  1. Bless your sweet mama heart. This has been the WORST of sickie seasons for you guys. Not fair, not it's not. Praying healthy! and healing! and rest! for each one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Being pregnant and having your family sick and being sick yourself? That is MISERY! If I lived closer I would leave some chicken noodle soup on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH. I hear ya. We're all sick here too. Thankfully no puke. Yet. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor thing. Your family has had a rough year of sickness. Not a good time. As the kids are just getting over some long running sickness I am looking forward to the book review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got sympathy, baby! I hope you're feeling better. I need me some FREE BOOKS! You're like Oprah, only... yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have not had a good time of it lately! I'm so sorry the bugs are visiting you again. I wish I could do something for you. I will be praying though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pain, sure hope you and the family are restored soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor thing. It's been a rough winter for you and your family. I hope you feel better soon!! I can't wait to hear more about the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're all feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh man....I do hope you are feeling better....and everyone else is as well.

    I was gone....and now I'm back....and have no hope of catching up. sigh......

    oh and free books. Hot Dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?