Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

And I do believe I love you.

Y'all. I freely admit that I've always been a natural-born, card-carryin' sap.

And it got worse (or is it better?) when I became a Mama.

Well, you came and opened me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you.

We headed out to breakfast this morning at our diner around the corner, like we always do. 'Bout halfway through the meal, as is her custom, Bean announced she had to go potty. These days I'm always up for a trip to the restroom, if you know what I mean, so I did the honors.

I got Bean all situated and primed for pottying action and then took my place in the stall next to hers. She wrapped up her little project quicker than I did mine, and I heard her open her door and head over toward the sinks.

"I'll just wait fer you out here 'til yer all done, 'kay Mama?"

"Okay. Thank you my sweet Beanie-girl." (Did y'all know we actually do call her Bean?)

"No prollem, my sweet Mama...
Thass what friends are for."

Indeed it is, my love. Indeed it is.

Oh and then for the times when we're apart
Well then close your eyes and know
These words are coming from my heart
And then if you can remember ...

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for

In good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends [and Mamas] are for.

And OHMYGRANNY people, check out Stevie, Luther, Whitney and Dionne. So young, and can those people SING or what? UNBELIEVABLE!




*Lyrics from That's What Friends Are For
Written by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager

8 comments:

  1. My Madeline might have said that too, and then ran straight out the door.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That child of yours is so sweet, & says the cutest things..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. That was precious! I always get a little choked up when my Bubs tells me I'm his best friend. That will never get old for me. When he says things like that, it's like I fall a little more in love with him....if that's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my yes.....the love...oh and love. :)

    oh and I actually call my daughter Sugar Bear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. little girls are just the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling little darling she is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww. She's such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?