Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Spring! In a Big, Big Box! That's What THAT Was!

I forget these things. I'm old, what can I say?

One of my FAVORITE little fieldtrips to take on these cold, nasty, stir-crazy days of late winter (and early winter, and mid-winter, let me not discriminate!) is the local nursery. Where else can you be inside where it's warm, yet still have the sun over your head and plenty of lush green plants and beautiful, fragrant flowers all around you? With plenty of room to run and skip and explore and bored nursery workers to smile and cheer you on? Darn skippy, the nursery!

And sadly, we hadn't been since before CHRISTMAS! So it was time we hie'd ourselves hither.

Sallied forth, if you will.

And sally we did.

We took our cameras, too. Now that I have my new Canon Rebel XT (hotchachaCHA!), Bean gets to use my old Sony Cybershot (That's a link to the newer CyberShot. Mine is a big cardboard box with a pinhole in the back. Yeah, that old.), and we're both entertained thoroughly when I go into clickity click snappity snap mode. Bean's getting used to the basics of photography and she always LOVES to do exactly what I'm doing, so everybody's happy and well-entertained. That there's what's known as yer win-win, me lovelies.

I'm going to show y'all 19 pictures now. Yes, I am. NINETEEN! And some of them? You will not be able to see a difference in 'em. She's my kid - to me each picture captures another brilliant facet of her glowing, ebullient, delightful self - I understand, though, that you'll be thinking, "Huh. She turned her head a little to the left in that one. Wow." But you'll humor me though, I know you will. You're good people like that. I'll try to caption most of them so you can laugh along with me. I'm not a photographer people, I'm a writer (at heart, I mean, not professionally), so my brain immediately starts captioning pictures before the shutter snaps on them.

And yes, if you read my post earlier this morning, we ARE wearing the same dress today as yesterday. We love this dress! A lot! Note that I coaxed a turtleneck and tights into the equation this morning. Even Mama has a few tricks up her sleeve here and there.

Photobucket

See how confident she is behind the camera? The whole time, however, I am thinking, "Pleasedon'ttrip, pleasedon'ttrip, pleasedon'ttrip." She didn't trip, but she did drop the camera on its head once. On bricks. She picked it up and dusted if off and said Sorry camera. I was jiss kiddin'. You okay? And it was.

Whew.


Photobucket

Oh, what a daffodil does to my little Southern heart. I'll bet the daffodils are blooming their heads off down there right now, aren't they?

Wait, no. Don't tell me. I don't wanna know.

Photobucket

SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFF.

Photobucket

I don't know what gets into this child sometimes. Seriously. She is full of ... sump'm. Look at those cheeks, though. I could kiss those cheeks 'til my lips fell off.

Photobucket

C'mon, wet's go jump inna fountains!

Photobucket

I beg your pardon? You can't go jump inna fountains because you're made of WHAT?Aw, that's too bad.

Photobucket

Excuse me, may I take your picture?

Photobucket

A little to the left, please?

Photobucket

Perfect! Got it! That's one for the album, Gromet!

Photobucket

I wish you could SMELL what that greenhouse smelled like. I kept inhaling and inhaling until my eyes were buggin' outta my head. Now I have a headache. But it was worth it. I bet I dream I'm honey bee tonight. Aaaaaaaaaaah. Sweet Nectar, People! Sweet Nectar!

Photobucket

'Course I brought the prettiest flower of them all with me, and I even took her home, too! Hee hee.

Photobucket

When I grow up I'm gonna be a phitawgwaffer.

Mama, wass a phitawgraffer?


Photobucket

Corey and Megan, I AM bonding with the new camera. I love it. A lot. Like a rilly, RILLY lot. Buckets, even.

Photobucket

Are ya'll still with me? That was number - um - fourteen. Hang in there.

Photobucket

Purty, purty, purty. I see a new lens in my near future.

Photobucket

See? Rows and rows of Spring-inna-Making. These are geraniums. I do love me some geraniums. These geraniums are just little tiny babies. That, my friends, is why they call it a nursery.

Photobucket

Look! Quintadecatuplets! (See how lucky you were, John & Kate Plus 8?)

Photobucket

Mmmm, I'm jus' gone SIT on the DOCK o' the bay, wastin' ti-i-i-ime.

Photobucket

I just liked these orchids juxtaposed against the steel frame of the greenhouse. There's beauty in both. And symmetry.

Yeah. That's what I thought too. Hokey.

Oy. I'm starting to sound like a phitawgwaffer.

Check out your local nursery this time of year. Good times, people, good times.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures - I'm in the market for a new camera. I take it you are happy with your new one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to take a trip to the greenhouse. Those flowers are beautiful. You got such great pictures of Bean too! Suddenly she is looking so old. She really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! *Note to self, need new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're feelin' better...what a great idea for a winter outing! Love the pictures. I received a new camera for Christmas, but haven't had the energy to learn a new thing (due to the aforementioned hormones...). Maybe soon.

    ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're liking the new camera! I hope this means we get to see more and more photos from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yipppiee......look at all the lovely photos. :) and such a brave mama letting the little one have the old camera. I haven't gone there yet, as I want "some" photos without her holding the camera. tee hee I am scared once I give her one, she'll need it everytime I have mine. LOL

    so...what settings are you using? The photos look wonderful. I'm so proud of you. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! Makes it seem like spring really is just right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous flowers...and good pictures, too! Who says you're not a photog?!? I'm feelin' a little spring comin' on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures!

    As for the daffodils, well I will just say yes... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't see the pics because i'm reading from work, but i can't wait to see them later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, those were purty. Thanks for bringing a little springtime to my snow filled day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want Spring!

    I want Spring, RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm jealous of that camera- your pictures are wonderful!

    There are a few daffodils blooming here in Texas, and on my walk yesterday I spied some tulips. YAY!

    I'll be heading to the nursery soon, now, thanks to all those shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. MEGAN! These are fantastic! The vivid colors are just WOW. I love the depth of field in your rows of geraniums shot (the second one). Love how you are zooming in close on Bean for some really stellar shots of that beauty. The orchids and the steel - just lovely. Look at you GO, girl!

    I meant to ask - did you just go with the kit lens? If so, you'll for sure be wanting a zoom at some point. Fun stuff. I am super, super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY GOSH MEGAN!! I don't think I can wait till August to come visit and spend time with Alex. She is the prettiest little 3 year old I've EVER laid my eyes on. I want to snuggle up on a big comfy chair with her and a heaping stack of books. We'll be set for hours. Just a reading and chattin. You can rest on the couch and listen. Peanut too....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gooness, dat bean is a coootie-pie!
    Great pix, I'm green over your camera...I'm still stuck working with film. FILM - I'm like a dinasoar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Flowers Flowers Flowers !!!! Soooo beautiful ! I love them !! Your new camera must be fantastic to play around with !!! Yeah ... I'm gonna be needin' a new one here soon !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I could kiss those cheeks until MY lips fell off too! She is beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Megan, Your pics are great and captions great too. That Beans hair is so spectacular!!!! And yes, she is the prettiest flower of them all.

    Heather and Cami

    ReplyDelete
  20. I WANT SPRING TO BE HERE! WHaaaaaa!

    Seriously, beautiful, bright, colorful pictures. Bean is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey lady with the most beautiful daughter on earth...
    I had to tag you on my blog. Come on over some time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been thinking of these pictures ALL weekend - it's all your fault that I now NEED a trip to the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  23. GORGEOUS photos - and what a beautiful little girl! OUR greenhouse won't be open for another couple of months, but I well remember that heavy, green, plant-y smell.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?