Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

I can't decide which to be more thankful for this morning:

That Bean accidentally discovered the Barbie™ dolls I had put away from my step-daughter's Barbie™ days.

-or-

That my Mom taught me how to make Creamed Chip Beef on Toast back when I still lived at home. And furthermore that I happened to have all the ingredients on hand this very morning.

-or-

That the SUN's shining! It's still colder than a well-digger's backside out there, but old Mr. Sunshine's glistening off the thick frosting of ice that covers all the trees and shrubs and drips off every edge and corner. Out every window I pass, I glimpse a dazzling spectacle of brilliant white snow and twinkling lights.

A morning can't get much better, can it? A happy, busy daughter chattering away from the playroom, a gloopy glop of salty dried beef over crusty toast and a magical faerieland twinkling at you from your own back yard.

Sigh... I think I'll go have a spoonful of Nutella™ to top it all off.

14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful morning!

    And, my hubby loves creamed chipped beef, but I don't know how to make it. Recipe, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this your party recipe ;-)

    Just kidding! It sounds like a perfect morning.

    Blessings,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is chipped beef?
    Today has been slow and I had to make a REALLY LATE design for our Christmas card and newsletter with my husband calling me every three seconds to tell me how LATE it was. I KNOW, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom and I LOVE to eat the Stoffers creamed chip beef on toast together. My mom would be SOOOOO impressed if I actually MADE it from scratch one day when she comes to visit. I want that recipe too!!! Please and thankyou!! If it is not secret, that is. xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you have much to be thankful for today. I miss that sunshine here on the east coast. We haven't had bad frosty weather, but it's been wet and dark since Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...eww!?

    I think you should skip the chipped beef and have two spoons of Nutella instead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are far too optimistic and cheerful for me today. I hope it rubs off. ;)

    And, YUM to the chipped beef. Although I've never made it. Eating it at the diners back home always makes visiting my mom a little more special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sun is shing here too - and is it ever cold! I am thankful to see the sun though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had sunshine here today too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nutella spoons (as we call them) are an almost everyday snack around here. Glad to hear we aren't the only ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE happy, chattering kids in playrooms!!!!!!!!!! Love IT.

    I wish it was cold here - it's still 75, but it's supposed to be in the 40's this weekend. PLEASE, let it BE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chipped Beef on Toast is one of my all time favorites. We used to call it SH** ON A SHINGLE ... until we had children. :) My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE it too. Wish I could say the same for Big Daddy. Him, not so much.

    We will even have it for dinner when he's out of town.

    Yummy!

    *An Iowa Mom*
    www.aniowamom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?