Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Traditional Pumpkin Pies Everywhere are Lookin' Over Their Flaky Shoulders In Fear

I got an email from my sister a couple days ago.

I'll quote her, because she summed things up nicely.

"You need this recipe."

Nuff said, y'all?

Nuff said.


Pumpkin Crunch

1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 can (16 oz) solid pack pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 1/5 c sugar (I used 1 1/4 cup)
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I don't have this so I made my own from a recipe I found via Google™)
1 c chopped pecans
1 c butter, melted
Whipped topping if desired

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease bottom of 13x9 pan. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, spice and salt. Pour into pan. Sprinkle cake mix over top and then pecans on top of that. Drizzle melted butter over all. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Serve w/ whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers (ha ha).

10 comments:

  1. Ohh my! This is JUST what I needed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for something over the weekend to make to use up my pumpkin....and saw something like this. I didn't have the cake mix...and I was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this recipe and can vouch for it - it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing, I might have to try this next week for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is solid pack pumpkin? is that just canned pumpkin? if so, i'm totally in for this. sounds YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sound so good! I have never had it with nuts, I may have to try this one.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you're going to put this in the Bazaar right? It sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so, um, is it, in fact, crunchy? or is it like cakey with crunchy on top?

    okay, i am making myself out to be a twit round these parts. lol. i really CAN cook via recipe, believe it or not. lol.

    these recipes just sound like stuff i've never had any experience with, and therefore are paining my head. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't made it yet myself but with the nuts on top and the pumpkin under it, I'd say it's likely goopy/cakey on the bottom and crunchy/crumbly on the top. :)

    Oh and yes, solid pack pumpkin is just plain on pumpkin in a can. My Libby's label says "100% pure pumpkin" (not Solid Pack Pumpkin, but that's okay!) Don't get the one that says "ready made pumpkin pie filling."

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course, after your last comment, i had to go to the Libby's site to check out if i had in fact bought pumpkin pie filling for the pumpkin sage pasta sauce i made a couple of weeks back, and yay for me, i didnt. i did, in fact, simply add too much cinammon. but it was AWESOME anyhow.

    here's the link-a-dink for the actual Libby's can, so the *cough* visual learners like me can see what they are looking for. ;P

    http://www.verybestbaking.com/products/libbys/pumpkin.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?