Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

So What You're Saying is I'll Never. Get to Post. Again?

OH. MY. GRANNY.

In a flippin' violently red flannel nightgown.

Now, would you believe, the internet has gone kaput at FriedOkra Manor. Umbilical cord to outside world? Meet rusty, jagged scissors.

Oh, you weren't using that life's blood, were ya?

(Thank you Nicki for letting me pirate your connection. Is it pirating, even, when they give you the password?)

Y'all. This just couldna come at a better time! (Irony.) (Or sarcasm?)

VEXED doesn't even begin to describe my current frame of mind. Please, can anything else go wrong? WAIT! Don't answer that.

So, this here is my NaBloPoMo post for the day, and yes, so noted, I'll be losing another 4 of my 5 readers, (2 of which are related to me by blood and one by marriage). Because I have lost my bloggin' mojo, apparently.

It feeeeeeeeeeeeeell down the se-ew-wer, with my siiiiiiiiis-ter's I-D.

Sigh.


I do appreciate the kind words with regards to my searing red kitchen and soothing khaki family room. (Thank you Lord for the wisdom to at least choose a cool neutral to act as an environmental salve to our burned retinas on the occasions that we have the opportunity to escape from the kitchen enjoy said family room.)

Sigh. I am still hoping the RED grows on me. It is a lovely color, this red. IT'S JUST THAT THERE IS SO MUCH. SO MUCH OF THE LOVELY COLOR. MY COLOR RODS GO COMPLETELY LIMP AND NUMB AFTER BEING IN THAT ROOM FOR 15 MINUTES AND THEN EVERYTHING I SEE IS JUST DULL, DINGY, GREYISH-GREEN.

Not the effect I was going for, really. But I will say that it IS hastening my efforts to FIND SOMETHING. FIND ANYTHING. MAKE HASTE! TO PUT THINGS THE WALLS AND COVER SOME OF THIS UP. PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE. AND IKE. WHO MAKE "HOT TAMALES" BY THE WAY. WHICH INCIDENTALLY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS THESE WALLS. THESE WALLS WHICH ARE CLOSING IN ON ME.

Oh my.

And now I shall go and phone my lovely internet provider. I'm simply filled to overflowing with joy.

19 comments:

  1. You poor thing - first illness and now no internet. Egads!
    Your readers will hang in there - something like this won't make us back down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had inteneded on commenting in the paint pic's but the days keep slipping away!!! I LOVE the red and tan combo! My dining room is tan and my kitchen/family room are YELLOW! (take that!) I would love for them to be tan...and after seeing it in your house...oooooh boy! Hubs has some painting to do! I am sure you will get used to it! It's a beautiful, rich red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh noooooooooo it surely sounds like you are in despair. eeekkkkk

    I'd send you some good luck, but I am totally fresh OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh noooo! That is awful! I hope you get the internet soon. You know you could be gone for a years, though, and I would still be here - checking daily for my dose of Megan.

    And while I am one of those who LOVES the red, I can see how such a vibrant color could start to hurt your eyes a bit. My friend's father painted their kitchen an almost-neon green color when we were in school and oh. my. heavens. It was a nice color (for a life jacket) but too much of a nice color is a bit less than nice. So. Yeah, I can see it. Still, as someone who only has to see photos and not live with it (and don't you practically live in your kitchen?) I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say "get the internet BACK soon" but you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, do we need to call in back up? I NEED my daily dose of Fried Okra. And really -- stop obsessing about the walls -- I love 'em!!! And I'm here . . . and I'll be right here waiting until that connection is restored. Free Fried Okra! We want to hear from Fried Okra! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just put on some sunglasses girlfriend. the color is lover-lee-hee!

    blessings,
    k

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I'm sorry about the internet.
    About the red - it's really great. It will grow on you, it will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No internet is like being stranded on a desert island!!! Whenever I find someone who doesn't have the internet, I look at them very strangely and ask HOW DO THEY LIVE.

    I'm not addicted, or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you all fancy-like with the nominations and such!!
    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Internet, schmiternet. It'll get fixed and we'll all be here. Enjoy the break!

    And embrace the red. Go the little red apple route. Or ladybugs. Or fire engines. Or roosters--they're red and tan.

    I love it. It's so cheerful!!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do have a lot of red, but you are right about adding pictures, etc. We don't have that much red. But our family room? Purple and orange! Looks FANTASTIC with all the pictures and stuff on the walls. I'm going to Lowe's this morning to order a rug to cover the floor. It'll be purple with a huge orange tiger paw in the middle. Bet you can't wait to see that this coming Fall at the big grape grazing, football mania reunion! Guess Who!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT! You'll never be accused of being boring.

    Here's a topic for your blnopl...whatever it's called!

    Tag!

    Here are the meme rules:
    1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
    2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
    3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
    4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
    5. Don’t break the chain!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's time for you to eat some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had my husband paint our bathroom once, the loveliest color. It took me a long time to choose the color and he painted it so well...but I hated it. I didn't have the heart to tell him because he worked so hard for me, but a few days later he said "I don't want to hurt your feelings but I don't really like this" and I practically screamed "Thank GOD because I hate it too."

    It's now a much lovelier, much calmer color which we both love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm hoping that given the next post that you got it working?

    just keep blogging . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, yes, I agree with hen's pace. Embrace the red! It's fiery! It's passionate! It's, it's, it's . . . distinct!

    Embrace the red.

    Be the red.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?