Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Risky Bidness

It's no secret to you that the Mama of a three-year-old transacts a whole bunch of potty-related bidness in front of a very sharp-eyed and inquisitive audience.

One day while we were all in our bathroom together, Al heard Bean ask me if I needed a personal hygiene product, which she mentioned by (slightly altered) name.

Al: (With a mildly shocked and questioning look) You taught her THAT word?

Me: Well, she ASKED. I didn't know what else to call it! Plus, I figure she might as well learn the right words from the beginning.

Al: (Shakes head in fairly common combination of resignation and dread.) Risky, Mama.



Six months later (yesterday):

Bean strolls into the kitchen with the white, spring-action bar to the bathroom tissue holder in one hand, waving it wildly.

Me: Whatcha got, baby?

Bean: (Loudly, of course.) OH, ISS JUSTA PAMPON, MAMA.

Me: (Cracks up.) (Oops!)

Bean: But diss pampon is all outta bafroom tissue. We needa put some more on it, 'kay?




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And coincidentally enough (I promise this is not staged!), here's Bean in the process of unbundling after our morning walk yesterday.

21 comments:

  1. How funny!!! Thanks for starting my day off with a smile.

    Also thanks for the nice comment on my recipe blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! We always take risks in teaching our kids anything. But sometimes the risk is half the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that is priceless. You know how kids chunk up and slim down? Well Gracie is at the chunk up stage and when I got her out of the bath the other day Chuck sighed a deep sigh of reluctance "Man she's about ready to get a bra" He is not going to deal well with the girls, uhm, developing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny! Kids are such a great source of joy (and comedy)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! too cute. I miss the days when my girls' mispronounciation tickled us pink. Though, quick to follow is, correctly-prounounced, yet-misused words, like Babydoll's 'chicken' in place of kitchen, and Cutiepie's "buckle me in" instead of "tuck me in". May they never cease to keep us smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute! I'm with you, she asked and it's not a bad thing. She's going to be very involved with them eventually!

    The picture, as always, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My children know all about such things because I NEVER GET ANY PRIVACY AT ALL!!!

    It doesn't matter how involved they are in a movie, a book, or in painting a picture, if I sneak away to the potty, they ALWAYS find me. Usually they are coming to tattle on one another.

    Oh well that's another one of those things that isn't in the baby manual ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sooooo cute! I love it, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're Both Too Much! Laughing my head off here--Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I well remember those days of no privacy. I'm sure that's not the only thing she has asked about! The picture is adorable - love those glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pampon. LMAO!!!!!! Oh that's too cute. My 2-year-old brings me a "pampon" every time she sees me sitting on the potty, whether I need it or not. Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the memories of days gone by, she is adorable, and looks all of the hollywood type!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Just take those ol' records off the shelf..."

    ReplyDelete
  14. again! WITH THE CUTENESS!!

    Blessings,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  15. How funny! I have always been of the same mindset as you - NO silly FAKE names...

    of course my husband was HORRIFIED when after her bath and her 3 yr old question-and-answer-identify-the-body-part marathon, my daughter asked him if he knew what a "Smittoris" was....

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great picture. Funny story. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is SO adorable!!!!!!
    I love her little tummy sticking out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! :)

    My girl is more than a tad disappointed when I dont' need a pad or a tampon. She shrugs her shoulders forward and sulks out of the bathroom. LOL poor girl.

    Love the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My 3-yr-old gets all worried about me when she sees that Priscilla Maude Sybil has come to town. She pats my leg and says, "Oh, Mommy, you have a boo-boo."

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is so darn cute!! She is obviously going to inherit your wit and sense of humer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?