Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

Does Gee, I'd Completely Forgotten How Yummy Molasses Is Count as a Post?

UPDATED TO ADD THIS (DISTURBINGLY CROPPED) PHOTO OF THE FINISHED GINGERBREAD MEN:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bean and I have been busy (and will continue to be busy until sundown and well beyond) making actual real edible (theoretically, anyway) gingerbread men today but I gotta post, so I'll make this brief. And sticky.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We have the cookie dough made now (which was pronounced Super Duper Awesome by my official dough tester!) and it's chilling in the fridge so we can roll it out and cut it into little raisin-eyed dudes the moment she reappears at the bottom of those stairs over there looking nap-bedraggled but ever-so-ready for action. (You undoubtedly know this look.)

In the meantime, I have another little project to keep me occupied, thus hopefully preventing me from harkening to the call of the Larval Gingerbread Boys Choir, who are singing my name in harmonious wee little voices from the second shelf of the refrigerator.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Over the weekend, I'll post the Red Beans and Rice and Country Brunswick Stew recipes from The Cookbook, another chili recipe or two, and a new Pumpkin Crunch recipe I just got from my sister that sounds absolutely ska-rum-sheee-us! Slurp!

14 comments:

  1. love those buttons...would make a super cute christmas garland! Baking with the bean...how adventurous - enjoy! There's nothing more fun than seeing their little eyes light up when baking with mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so cute. how do you keep from gobbling her up everyday!!??

    Blessings,
    karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new energy regimen is working in overdrive--bet Bean is head over heels in love with her refreshed Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried making gingerbread men and now I want to! That is an adorable picture of Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, those look soooo good and I can smell them to, yup I'm sure that's what I smell, but seriously girl I do worry about you, what in the world will you do with so many buttons????? You are a mystery..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, garland was my guess . . . to go right along with those birdies. And BTW, could you post the recipe for the gingerbread men . . . sounds like a fun project for me and Maddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We made gingerbread men today, too! Of course ours were gluten-free and we only made six, but they still were tasty.
    What a cutie patootie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cookies look great! I gave up on gingerbread men a long time ago. I can never get the dough rolled out properly and they are either too thick or too thin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and Bean have so much fun together. I'm sure you're building lots of loving memories with all of these fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds good! And Bean looks like she is having a really sweet time with all that dough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cookies look so good, Bean continues to be adorable and you continue to torment me with the buttons! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THEM?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?