Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cranapple Crunch, Just in Time for Thanksgiving

Whoa Nelly! I almost forgot to post my most favorite Thanksgiving recipe for Karla's lip-smackin' carnival today! Sorry I'm late Karla! I got all caught up waxing nostalgic about San Francisco earlier and completely forgot what day it is.

I'm forty. These things will happen. Sigh.

Gobble Gobble some good stuff

Y'all go see what everybody's cookin' up next week and share your own favorites too. Meanwhile, enjoy this little family favorite of ours, which is as good as a side dish with your Tom as it is heated up for breakfast the next morning. Make a bunch, you'll be wanting it.

As my sister would say, "You need this recipe."

Cranapple Crunch

3 cups appled, peeled and cubed
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Topping:

1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1/3 cup finely chopped nuts

Combine first six ingredients and pour into 2 qt casserole. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve warm.

7 comments:

  1. That does sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! I'll definitely have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy. This one is being added to this weeks grocery list along with the Red Beans and Rice.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this. I totally have a bag of fresh cranberries in my fridge and have been WONDERING what to do with them...I now know why I bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I definitely needed this recipe!!! YUMMMMMMM-EEEE!

    Thanks for joining in the fun (better late than never, my friend!! ;0)

    Blessings,
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?