Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2007

AI CAN HAZ HARTBERN?

OHMYLANTA!

Nicki and I co-conspired to create, design, produce and host the Blankington Lakes First Annual Neighborhood Chili Cook-Off today in Nicki's back yard.

I've been so darned excited about this shindig (Such that I haven't slept more than a couple of winks in 48 hours. Yes, Seeeriously.), one that started out last Sunday as a mere email feeling out a few families for interest in such an event, and culminating only a week later, on this beautiful, nippy fall afternoon, in a 10 family, forty-leven person chili-swillin', trash-talkin', cash-prize winnin', s'more-stackin' SmackDown!

Y'all, I'm still sportin' two feetfuls of toe-cicles and my nose looks like a radish, but inside I'm warm as toast 'cause my belly's full of some of the most delicious chili I've ever laid my tongue on AND I got to spend a peaceful Sunday afternoon outside with the gang doin' about 9/10ths of my Top Ten list of the most funnest activities in the whole big blue wide world.

Nicki and I both have fun tales of the Big Event (including information on who won AND puh-lenty of fantastic chili recipes, because I just KNEW y'all were gonna ask for those!) to regale y'all with this week, but for now, just feast your eyes on these 10 simmering Crockpots O' Luv and drool a little. This is just about the ONLY decent picture I have of the whole soiree because YES, O YES, Ai CAN haz hartbern, but apernuntly ai cant haz FOKISS.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tum, tum, tum TUM TUUUUUUMS®!

15 comments:

  1. I think you just officially moved beyond joiner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling...and I'm also twittling my fingers like Homer Simpson in Chili cookoff excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture speaks to me of heartburn, too. Sounds like it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our church just had a chili cook off. One of the prizes went for the pot with the most beans. I didn't partake any of that particular pot.

    http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shindig my friend. Very well planned. I am glad you confessed that your chili had beans...sneaky gal you are! It was a great hit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like lots of fun. Well ... before the heartburn set in anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! Sounds like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea! I'm seriously jealous of your tight-knit neighborhood--I'm happy if I can just get my neighbors to wave at me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE chili. Just bought the fixins for a big pot the other day!

    I drool over your pic of many, many dishes of it.

    Oh, that I lived in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good and I bet it was the best fun! I love chilli but unfortunately the rest of my family doesn't so I never get it!
    Hope your tummy settles down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Chili! My husband keeps asking me when I'm going to make him some chili. I'm waiting on the weather to get a little colder but then I'm going to go for it.

    I better make sure to have the antacid ready!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of fun that left a lovely stench to the crisp fall air!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I LOVE chili.

    By the way, your blog always makes me hungry.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a great time, thanks for organizing this very "musical" event!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?