Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

What I'd Say To You If You Were Standin' Right Here Lookin' Over My Shoulder With Your Eyes Buggin' Out.

(Your side of the conversation is in italics. Whaaaaaaaat? I think I've captured your nuances perfectly!)

Yes... yes, I DID just place the opening bid on 3 lbs. of mother-of-pearl buttons in assorted sizes on eBay. Why-ever do you ask?

WAH WAH WAH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WAH WAH WAAAAH WAH WAAH WAH WAH WAH WAH?!

Well, I could POSSIBLY be making a warm winter coat for our 750-foot garden hose and need a sturdy but attractive fastening solution, hmmm?

WAHWAH?

Or maybe I'd like to replace the marble chess board in the family room with something comparably classy in a Tiddly Winks set?

WAHWAHWAHWAAAAAAAAAH?

You've never heard of Tiddly Winks?

WAAAAAAAAH!

Okay. Um, would you believe... BUTTONFETTI?

(Eyeroll.)

Er... It's been years since I last resurfaced the mollusk?

WAHWAHWAH WAH WAHWAH?

Yes! Or maybe a lovely mosaic for the powder room? I made an A+ (with a smiley face, thankyouverymuch) on the construction-paper-dots mosaic I made for Latin I in 8th grade. I crave another mosaic success.

WAHWAHWAH WAHWAH.

Oh yes. And Al needs something to test out his brand new snowblower on, too.



Stay tuned. As the holidays approach, I may let everyone in on the REAL reason I'm buying buttons-by-weight. Or maybe I'll just let y'all squirm!

14 comments:

  1. Hmmm - sometimes I worry about you! I will just sit and be curious over here until you deem it proper to let us in on your little secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you are cruel! Way to keep us checking your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh---I'm confused! But interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am counting on you letting us in on your reasoning behind such an absurd purchase.

    I know you won't let me down, now will you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to be a Pearly Queen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try to be patient for a little while but please don't keep up waiting too long!!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you have a holiday decoration up your sleeve and all buttoned up!!
    looking forward to the devine design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul, with a corn cob pipe and a BUTTON nose . . ." AH HA! You're makin' like a jillion snowmen. I'm right -- say I'm right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, okay. Very mysterious. I can't wait to find out the reason for such a weird purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The possibilities are endless!
    BEst wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up! I sure hope you don't make us wait too long to find out what it is for.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must have bought that sweat shop you have always wanted! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't really care why yur buyin' so many buttons - too busy laughin' my cold-as-a-well-diggers-buns off!

    You crack me up . . . but do let us know what those buttons are for!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?